• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my X-Men 14

35 posts in this topic

Its a 7.5 at least. I had an issue like that in slightly worse condition that got graded at 7.0

Just sold my slabbed #13 ( 7.5 )which looked alot better confused-smiley-013.gif

FFB: thanks for pointing out the long CBC in the Sentinel's left hand on the cover. I did miss that the first go around. I've never graded a book in that condition a 7.5 be it modern or otherwise.

i find it hard that the book would grade a 7.5 at least, confused.gif can you post a pic of the 7.0 book?

I would If I still owned it. I sold it last year

maybey i still have a pic of it soemwhere

No problem. Ask Burntboy about the massive chunk I missed on a Tales of Suspense that was posted here a few weeks ago. 27_laughing.gif

FFB: thanks for pointing out the long CBC in the Sentinel's left hand on the cover. I did miss that the first go around. I've never graded a book in that condition a 7.5 be it modern or otherwise.

It has less visible wear, but the tanning is a problem. Without the tanning, it's an 8.0.

this is a CGC FN+ 6.5 copy of JIM 90, as you can see it's WAY better than the X-Men 14 raw.

It has less visible wear, but the tanning is a problem. Without the tanning, it's an 8.0.

this is a CGC FN+ 6.5 copy of JIM 90, as you can see it's WAY better than the X-Men 14 raw.

Does CGC really deduct that much for tanning? And "light tanning" in this case (the JIM) ? I was under the impression that tanning didn't really adversely affect CGC's grades much, if at all...?

Does CGC really deduct that much for tanning? And "light tanning" in this case (the JIM) ? I was under the impression that tanning didn't really adversely affect CGC's grades much, if at all...?

You call that "light" tanning? OAY! I think it's "BROWNING" near the comic code.

I don't know whether CGC deducts for tanning. I was giving my opinion about the book's "Overstreet" grade.