• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official comicdonna charity auction thread (was Holiday Raffle thread)

207 posts in this topic

Greetings all, from your friendly neighbourhood HolidayHam! :hi:

This is the official prize thread for our Holiday Raffle. :acclaim:

Cut-off for prize donations is December 22nd. Target date for the drawing is Wednesday, December 29th.

I will list the rules and requirements below. :rulez:

If you are in the Gift Exchange, you are automatically entered into the Raffle with a chance to win prizes. For all of those that are in the Gift Exchange, you have already told me through our PM whether you are donating a prize or not. If you elect to donate a prize for the Raffle, and haven't told me what it is yet, please PM me through our already-opened PM exchange.

If you are not part of the Gift Exchange, yet would still like to be in the Raffle, you will need to donate a prize. Simply PM me your Raffle prize and you will automatically be entered into the Raffle and therefore eligible to win prizes.

Your name will only be entered once in this draw, no matter how many prizes you donate. I know that's not an incentive to donate more than one prize, but feel free to do so if you'd like. :foryou:

As of right now, I don't know how many prizes will be donated, but this is the way it's going to go, as far as Raffle winners and number of prizes they may choose:

1st name drawn is top prize and he/she will choose 5 prizes.

2nd name drawn is 2nd prize and he/she will choose 3 prizes.

3rd name drawn is 3rd prize and he/she will choose 3 prizes.

4th name drawn is 4th prize and he/she will choose 2 prizes.

5th name drawn is 5th prize and he/she will choose 2 prizes.

Names will continue to be drawn until all prizes available will be spoken for.

1st place will not choose 5 prizes in a row, the choosing of the prizes will be in a non-snaking formation from 1st to last, then 1st to 5th, then 1st to 3rd, then 1st and 1st once again for the last choice. Understand? Doesn't matter, I do. (thumbs u

Now that all the details have been mentioned, it's time to see the prizes. :whee:

1 CGC 9.2 copy of Megaton #3, 1st appearance of Savage Dragon donated by AGGIEZ ok

Megaton3.jpg

2 X-Men 115 CGC 9.4 and X-Men 248 CGC 9.6 donated by Arcade ok

X-Men115cgc94.jpgIMG_1192.jpg

3 Avengers 162 CGC 9.6 donated by cheetah ok

Avengers162.jpg

4 lots of (approx. 20) graphic novels donated by chunkybutt ok

5 Ms. Marvel #7 CGC 9.6 donated by Cimm ok

MsMarvel7.jpg

6 Miracleman 1 CGC 9.8 blue label donated by comicalgems

?

7 Comicdey's Mystery Box that Everyone who knows what's good for them would want donated by comicdey ok

8 Toasty Surprise Package stuffed with goodies donated by Designer Toast ok

9 Raw books, bronze, early copper. donated by electricprune ok

10 Power Girl #1 CGC 9.8 Variant Cover donated by faster friends ?

PowerGirl1.jpg

12 Marvel Universe [Hardcover] by Peter Sanderson (Author) donated by ffcomics ok

MarvelUniverseHardcover.jpg

13 (A "sporadic" lot) Kodiak #1,Ratchet and Clank #1,Danger Girl: Back in Black #1-4 run,Choker #1 and #2,Ultimate New Ultimates #1 and #2,The Shadow #1,All books are NM to NM/M grade + The Wonderful Wizard of Oz #1 1st print, + Cursed Pirate Girl TPB #1 signed and numbered Error Copy. donated by FIREFLY OK

Kodiak.jpg

RatchetandClank1.jpg

DangerGirl-1.jpg

Shadow1.jpg

choker1.jpg

choker2.jpg

14 G. I. Combat #80 t-shirt in XL (limited production of 6) donated by flatrock02 ok

gic80tshirt.jpg

15 Captain Berlin DVD and comic. DVD, comes with 12-page comic book. Both in German. DVD has an English audio track as far as I know. This is NOT a movie, btw. It's a recording of a stage play. A very weird stage play... donated by hesdeadjim ok

CaptainBerlin.jpg

16 Original sketch of Hachiman by David Beatty donated by innocuous ok

DavidBeatysketch.jpg

17 two black frames for CGC graded books from Frame It Again Sam (comic not included) donated by JazzMan ok

frames.jpg

18 Strange Adventures #214 CGC 8.0 OW-W donated by Jeffreykli ?

StrangeAdventures214.jpg

19 Marvel Masterworks: Golden Age Marvel Comics (Volume 2) Reprints Marvel Mystery Comics # 5-8. Hardcover. $49.95 retail. + Archives Editions: Superman Archives Volume # 1. Reprints Superman 1-4. Hardcover. $49.95 retail. Both still sealed. donated by JiveTurkeyMoFo ok

20 Marvel Superheroes First Issue Covers Uncut Trading Card Sheet donated by johnenock ?

tradingcardsheet.jpg

21 Vampirella 1/2 Wizard CGC 9.8 White + MTU 20 CGC 9.6 OW to W donated by MLMeade ok

22 Mutt & Jeff #5 donated by Mutant Manatee ok

mutt-jeff-5.jpg

23 ASM 307 McFarlane cover print 8.5x11 donated by Norinn Radd ?

ASM307print.jpg

24 Vertigo Sampler: 12 complete mini's or story arcs, American Virgin #1-4 (Seagle), Blood #1-4 (DeMatteis), El Diablo #1-4 (Azzarello), Fight for Tomorrow #1-6 (Brian Wood), Finals #1-4 (Pfeiffer), Girl #1-3 (Milligan), Industrial Gothic #1-5 (McKeever), Junk Culture #1-2 (McKeever), Mobfire #1-6, Tattered Banners #1-4, Trenchcoat Brigade #1-4, Sebastian O #1-3 (Morrison) donated by paperheart ok

vertigosampler.jpg

25 9.2 CGC SS J Scott Campbell Danger Girl #2. donated by pink181 ok

26 Adam Hughes DC comic lot (13 issues; NM+) donated by Reno McCoy ok

AdamHughesLot.jpg

27 Two raw classic Silver DC's - Green Lantern 18 (Very Fineish) and JLA 14 donated by Sanj Mitra ok

28 PEN & INK OF WENDIGO donated by Shadow ok

wendigo.jpg

29 CGC 9.8 DD 185. White Pages donated by shadroch ok

30 I can't remember what I was taught and what I made up Acrylic and collage on cradled birch panel. 18" x 24" donated by shiverbones ok

"I can't Remember What I was Taught & What I Made up" is an acrylic on panel measuring 18" x 24". This is an exploration of memory and nostalgia and how it colors our recollections of simple objects and complex ideas as we get older. This piece juxtaposes collaged pieces from Children's science books and comic book covers with imagery painted in the same style as those collaged bits.

This piece has been seen in person by over 20,000 people as it has been shown in public in the following three locations over the past couple years. It spent 3 days at the Voodoo music fest in New Orleans in the 3 ring circus gallery tent, then moved to Dante's Kitchen, an upscale restaurant in uptown new orleans where it hung for 6 months. Most importantly, this piece was hand selected during by Dan Cameron, the curator of the Prospect biennials here in New Orleans to be part of Prospect1.5. Prospect 1 was the largest showing of art in the history of the United States and curated artists from all over the world. Prospect 1.5 is an in between show focusing on local artist leading into prospect 2 next year. This piece is currently on view at the Louisiana State Museum's "Madame John's Legacy" building in the French Quarter as part of the "Fresh Off The Turnip Truck" show featuring work by artists who relocated to New Orleans. This piece is on view until January 20th, so it can not ship until after that.

I point this out not to toot my own horn, but to help with some back story and provenance so that this piece raises as much as possible for Mike.

Icantremember.jpg

31 A set of 5 magnets from the makers of the Pop Art glasses donated by skypinkblu ok

magnets001.jpg

magnets004.jpg

32 Micronauts #2 CGC SS 8.5 Signed by Michael Golden donated by sniderwj ok

MicronautsVol12Earth84302_f.jpg

33 A selection of Atlas-Seaboard Magazines,a copy of In Life Everyone Dies and more donated by Subliminal ok

Atlas.jpg

34 X-Men 109 CGC 9.2 OW/W donated by Theagenes ok

X-Men109.jpg

35 Two-Fisted Tales Vol.1 Archive and The Mammoth Book of Best Horror Comics donated by TheWatcher ok

Two-FistedTalesVol1.jpg

besthorrorcomics.jpg

36 Our Fighting Forces #71 t-shirt in L (limited production of 6) donated by thirdgreenham ok

off71tshirt.jpg

37 DareDevil #191 donated by WEBHEAD ok

dd191cgc96.jpg

38 I will wash and leafcast one GA book. No tape removal, no CT, just a straight up conservation themed donation. With the ideal winner having a comic with a severe spine roll, detached or split cover. I retain the right to refuse certain books from the winner, but will work with them as to what would be a good candidate. donated by Ze-man ok

39 An assortedSA/BA comic lot. Some good stuff though. donated by Ze-man ok

40 A custom drawing by Ellen, subject matter of the winners choosing. I recommend a Greggy themed, dorkapotamous drawing donated by Ze-man ok

41 3 consecutive Smith Conans in Fine 6.0 condition. donated by Senormac ok

3conan.jpg

42 Miracle Man # 1 cgc 9.8 blue lable donated by LBJARM ?

43 ASM #88 CGC 9.0 (WP) donated by cloudofwit ok

ASM88.jpg

44 Cherry #16 CGC 9.4 (Mature Readers!) donated by frankbearss ?

cherry16.jpg

45 Sex and Violence TPB HC donated by frankbearss ?

46 high grade raws of: Dazzler #1, Omega Men #1, Ronin #1, Eternals #1, Twisted Tales #1, Moon Knight #1, and Micronauts #1. donated by electricprune ok

47 a mystery box. Full of mystery and win donated by BaltimoreLauren ok

48 the entire set(variants included) of the Flash Rebirth NM+. 12 comics total,an awesome read,Geoff Johns at his finest. donated by oakman29 ok

flashrebirth.jpg

49 CGC SS Mike Mignola Hulk #312 donated by 3319comics ok

Hulk312.jpg

50 SCKAO Mystery Box or $500 CASH! (my choice!) donated by sckao ok

sckao-mystery-box.jpg

51 Uncle Wiggily 221 VG/F donated by JvR11 ok

unclewiggily.jpg

52 WYSIWYG !!! :sumo: donated by Thomas Nielsen ok

raffle20101.jpg

raffle20102.jpg

raffle20103.jpg

raffle20104.jpg

raffle20105.jpg

53 A photocopy of the --script of "It's a bird...it's a plane...it's Superman!" and Nemo #2 (reprinting the original Reign of the Superman storyline from the Siegel and Shuster 1933 fanzine) donated by binarysunrise ok

script.jpg

54 XL Atlas t-shirt(w/Grim Ghost image on back) with Grim Ghost #0 & Phoenix #0 from NYCC donated by GACollectibles ok

atlasshirtback.jpg

atlasshirtfront.jpg

grimghostphoenix.jpg

55 200 Sheets Pre-Cut Microchamber Paper (choose from Modern, Bronze/Silver or Golden) donated by grinin ok

We are offering 5 individual sets of 100 precut microchamber sheets in your choice of Current, Bronze/Silver or Golden age size. Post the quantity of sets of 100 sheets you would like, as well as the bid amount, per set of 100. Your bid includes shipping. For example: I would like 2 sets of 100 @ $16 ea.

Conservation Resources (the manufacturer) sells 100 sheets of 8-1/2" x 11" which you have to cut down yourself for $22, plus shipping on top of that. Starting bid is only $15 per 100 sheets!!!

microchamberpaper.jpg

56 X-Men #121 CGC 8.5 donated by toro ok

xmen121cgc85.jpg

57 3 Chaos Action Figures (Lady Death, Purgatori, Lady Demon) donated by Shootydog ok

IMG_6945.jpg

IMG_6946.jpg

IMG_6947.jpg

58 Paul Terry's Comics #122 and Comix-A History Of Comic Books In America donated by 143ksk ok

cgc0310047.jpg

cgc0310021-1.jpg

59 4 fun yet silver age resealable bags.Each bag contains 100. donated by theshadowknows ok

60 Shadowman 13 CGC 9.8 with badazz Yvel Guichet cover donated by Worldsbestcomics ok

Shadowman13CGC98WFS.jpg

61 JLA/Avengers #1 CGC SS 9.6 signed by George Perez donated by AlexH ok

jla1.jpg

62 Like new copy of "The Goon: Chinatown" HC. Dustjacket has a few scuffs, but otherwise it's in VF or better condition. Included in this lot are copies of Goon 19-26 (19 not pictured in image but will be included) + Brand new copy of Judge Dredd The Complete Case Files vol.1 SC + A copy of Studio Space SC "Offering a unique glimpse at the way that the finest comic artists work, visiting their studios and getting into their mindset. Studio Space also discusses the training that the artists undertook, their big break, and whether their working methods have changed over the year" donated by TheWatcher ok

TheGoon-ChicnatownHC.jpg

Goon19-26.jpg

JudgeDredd-TheCompleteCaseFilesvol1.jpg

StudioSpaceSC.jpg

63 DC Universe OMAC figure and an assortment of various BA Kirby titles. The image is just to give you an idea. More titles than those pictured will be included donated by TheWatcher ok

DCUniverseOMACfigure.jpg

BAKirbylot.jpg

64 Some GA goodness: Green Lama vol. 1 HC and Chamber of Mystery #1: Witchcraft SC donated by TheWatcher ok

GreenLamaHC.jpg

ChamberofMystery1-Witchcraft.jpg

65 Three golden age limited edition pins from the Pop Culture Pin Trading Co. Mint in their original bags. One of them is #5 of 200. I don't know the numbers on the other two. + first printing, first edition, hard back book of Tom Clancy's "The Bear and the Dragon" in NM+ condition. It is signed by Tom Clancy. donated by conditionfreak ok

goldenagepins001.jpg

tomclancybookfront001.jpg

67 de-slabbed cgc 2.0 of Jungle Comics # 70 with CR to OW donated by Dano ok

jungle70.jpg

68 Crime Smashers #9 CGC 4.5 donated by BaltimoreLauren ok

crimesmashers9cgc45.jpg

69 G. I. Combat #160 page 9 original art by Sam Glanzman donated by flatrock02 ok

GIC160PG9001.jpg

42 A custom drawing by Ellen, subject matter of the winners choosing. I recommend a Greggy themed, dorkapotamous drawing donated by Ze-man

:wishluck: I would request one of me and Greggy but make me taller than him. :acclaim: