• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official comicdonna charity auction thread (was Holiday Raffle thread)

207 posts in this topic

Nope, their hunks of cement. We were at the property today with a shovel. We found a few coins from a change box and jar. That was it.

Mike, while I was thrilled to hear that your family made it out of the house okay, I was dismayed by the idea that you'd lost your collection of Action Comics. Then, when I heard a few days later that you'd in fact saved the comics, I couldn't help but grin. It sounds like you had a few uncomfortable hours of coughing and vomiting, but what the heck, you saved the comics! :whee:

Nope, their hunks of cement. We were at the property today with a shovel. We found a few coins from a change box and jar. That was it.

Mike, while I was thrilled to hear that your family made it out of the house okay, I was dismayed by the idea that you'd lost your collection of Action Comics. Then, when I heard a few days later that you'd in fact saved the comics, I couldn't help but grin. It sounds like you had a few uncomfortable hours of coughing and vomiting, but what the heck, you saved the comics! :whee:

I did save the slabs, Jeff! I lost all of my, Alyssa's and Donna's raw books. The only comic related item I saved was the 1942 Superman book with the dust jacket. I was very lucky to have only lost 10K in comic stuff and about 1K in coins. I am also lucky that sheriff wasn't fast enough to catch me from making another trip into the house. He told me I wasn't going back in but, I figured he could arrest me after I saved the slabs.

I did save the slabs, Jeff! I lost all of my, Alyssa's and Donna's raw books. The only comic related item I saved was the 1942 Superman book with the dust jacket. I was very lucky to have only lost 10K in comic stuff and about 1K in coins. I am also lucky that sheriff wasn't fast enough to catch me from making another trip into the house. He told me I wasn't going back in but, I figured he could arrest me after I saved the slabs.

I had thought all comics were lost also.Frankly it made me sick just to think of it.I know how hard you have worked on that run.

Talk about your silver lining. (thumbs u