• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hard-to-find Trade Paperbacks and Hardcovers

160 posts in this topic

I know the fifth printing of the Killing Joke is more sought after then the first print is for some reason.

:o

"I have every printing of Killing Joke but the fifth. God, I wish I had a fifth. Then my life would be complete." :pullhair:

really? I sold my fifth printing on Amazon about a year ago. They have a fifth printing on Ebay with bin for $49.99 you might be interested in. Pretty good deal as its a CGC 9.8, I got $50 for my fifth print and mine was raw. So yeah the prices for these kinda books are all over the place.

I know the fifth printing of the Killing Joke is more sought after then the first print is for some reason.

"I have every printing of Killing Joke but the fifth. God, I wish I had a fifth. Then my life would be complete." :pullhair:

really? I sold my fifth printing on Amazon about a year ago. They have a fifth printing on Ebay with bin for $49.99 you might be interested in. Pretty good deal as its a CGC 9.8, I got $50 for my fifth print and mine was raw. So yeah the prices for these kinda books are all over the place.

Ummm, yeah, I was joking. Thus the quotes. :makepoint:

Ummm, yeah, I was joking. Thus the quotes. :makepoint:

I knew you were joking (thumbs u

I was just trying to let other people know there is money to made here, the fifth print I sold on Amazon for $50 I paid $5 bucks for on Ebay. So you can make some money in this niche if you play your cards right.

;)

doh!:roflmao:

The quotes suggest he's not interested... :gossip:

]I know the fifth printing of the Killing Joke is more sought after then the first print is for some reason[/b].

I know he is not interested, my original thought about Killing Joke fifth print was a response to Jeffro.

:makepoint:

]I know the fifth printing of the Killing Joke is more sought after then the first print is for some reason[/b].

I know he is not interested, my original thought about Killing Joke fifth print was a response to Jeffro.

Sorry...missed that. Maybe respond to Jeffro next time... lol

Sorry...missed that. Maybe respond to Jeffro next time... lol

:foryou:

No problems. The point is even though I could care care less what print it is, there is some collector out there that needs to have every print and will pay a premium for it. So yeah we laugh and joke(no pun intended) about Killing Joke 5th print but there is some collector out there who will pay good money to have all the prints and it`s good to have knowledge of what prints are worth more than others.

That usually means its from a dropshipper & its out of print, rather than relist, they put stupid prices on and then change back when they find stock.

There are a couple of big booksellers on Ebay that do it all the time.

I quite often see out of print TPBs listed at £1000, with more than 10 available.

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aliens-Vs-Predator-Omnibus-Volume-1-Various-/140501133853?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_Graphic_Novels_ET&hash=item20b6852a1d#ht_2043wt_905

Notice the buy it now price has been revised - see all revisions

And I thought I was sitting on a gold mine...

You might be, but the deposit consists of your GREEN LANTERN collection!

(thumbs u

I'm probably gonna be buried with those lol

BTW the 76 you sold me came back a 6.0 OW/W :cloud9:

And I thought I was sitting on a gold mine...

You might be, but the deposit consists of your GREEN LANTERN collection!

(thumbs u

I'm probably gonna be buried with those lol

BTW the 76 you sold me came back a 6.0 OW/W :cloud9:

Cool. I think. What did I grade it at? hm I hope I under-graded it! (thumbs u

My bad.

:signofftopic:

Let's take it to PM if you reply.