• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ignore the "critics" - Tron LEGACY was AWESOME!

72 posts in this topic

I can't imagine paying 13 dollars to see special effects, but whatever floats your boat.

At a genetic level, the creative and imaginative faculties of the current generation are almost nonexistent, so studios are tapping into this and producing "fireworks display" movies to tap into their lesser cognitive abilities.

I am serious, this has been written about and it was a topic of conversation at medical/speech pathology Christmas parties with my wife's cronies. doh!

I don't blame them, as movies are a business, but it also makes me shake my head when the same studios cry about drops in DVD and Blu-ray sales - suckers may lay down $13 to go on a date with friends, who in their right mind would pay $30 for a Tron Blu-ray? :screwy:

I will as soon as they release the original next year :cloud9:

I saw Twilight Eclipse on Saturday and it was HORRIBLE! :insane:

And as horrible as it was, it was still miles better than the other two Twilight movies. doh!

Really? I didn't see the others. After I saw this one, I knew I'd never watch them. But, they're really worse than this one?

I couldn't get past the fact that these are vampires living amongst teenagers. I presume that many of them are centuries old. There's no way they'd be hanging with the kiddies, getting involved in their BS.

And how can they go out in the sunlight? WTF is up with that? (shrug)

Also, that werewolf kid needed to take a hint. Couldn't he be arrested for stalking? Dude! She doesn't like you.

Gawd, I need to do something more productive with myself. :tonofbricks:

He didn't go blind. Here's the clip. You can clearly see that he "sees" the Kingpin. He just sees MUCH BETTER with the water. It's a tactical advantage.

lol, did you write this POS movie or something? A "tactical advantage"? DD goes from getting killed to beating up the KP the moment he can "see him slightly better"? :roflmao::roflmao:

One second...

:roflmao:

He didn't go blind. Here's the clip. You can clearly see that he "sees" the Kingpin. He just sees MUCH BETTER with the water. It's a tacticaljavascript:%20void(0) advantage.

lol, did you write this POS movie or something? A "tactical advantage"? DD goes from getting killed to beating up the KP the moment he can "see him slightly better"? :roflmao::roflmao:

One second...

:roflmao:

Well, I was addressing your assertion that he was "blind" when clearly it shows that he can "see" as it shows WHAT he sees in that actual clip. (shrug)

Are you seriously questioning the common plot device of having the hero be at a disadvantage before finally overcoming his adversary? Flabbergasting. :ohnoez:

Hey now, on a more serious note... if Ben Affleck were pulled into Tron-world would he be blue or red?

Assuming of course, that he would never be a yellow-despot, or the white-savior type... or could he? hm

It's now come to this, huh? doh!

Just got back from seeing Tron in noMax Flat-D and I have to say without all the bells and whistles it's well worth the money. Is it Oscar worthy? Obviously *coughNocough* Although the plot was a bit bare in places, it was certainly good enough to hang the rest of the movie on. I didn't notice glaring magical plot devices, there were fun homages to the original movie, and some seriously cool visual and sound effects.

Who else really dug the 80's arcade sound and bumping the Eurythmics?

I was entertained, which is a lot more than can be said if I were to be dragged into a viewing of Twilight. Thank heavens my wife isn't into that.

Well, I was addressing your assertion that he was "blind" when clearly it shows that he can "see" as it shows WHAT he sees in that actual clip.

Come on, my point was that after beating on various baddies, thugs, Elektra, Bullseye, etc., DD suddenly *acted* like he was blind with the Kingpin, and was only able to actually fight him when the rain came down.

Who is he, Aquaman? Actually it was more like a Popeye short with DD opening his can of spinach. lol

It was just a bizarre scene in a bizarre movie and I cannot believe people are supporting this type of writing.

Just got back from seeing Tron in noMax Flat-D and I have to say without all the bells and whistles it's well worth the money. Is it Oscar worthy? Obviously *coughNocough*

It was just as Oscar worthy as Avatar :)

Who else really dug the 80's arcade sound and bumping the Eurythmics?

I really enjoyed the music throughout the movie.

It was just as Oscar worthy as Avatar :)

Ding ding ding! Give that man a cee-gar! That's a good comparison. I will say Avatar is more original in conception (despite the recycled military hardware from previous Cameron flicks) than Tron, but that is what you should expect for a sequel.

This movie was ultra-fun. The Daft Punk score was amazing. Visual effects were awesome. As a huge fan of the original, I really enjoyed the "upgrades" on some of the classic elements.

Also, I went back and watched the original after seeing the new movie. I totally forgot about the first scene of the original movie. That first 90 second scene from 1982 is very relevant to the core plot characters in the new film.

Saw it on the IMAX Saturday and I wish I saved my money I fell asleep about 45 minutes in. Sure the visuals and soundtrack were good but the story was lame I just didn't care for any of the characters and it felt like it was trying to be like the original Matrix. Hopefully Jeff Bridges will redeem himself with True Grit :wishluck:
I told one of my friends I would take him to a movie this week hoping he would say True Grit since it opens on his birthday but he has suggested Tron :( He's never seen the original and kept calling it Legacy. How do I now convince him to skip this and go see True Grit or The Fighter ? :jokealert: Not actually looking for advice, I know what to do, ignore his phone calls :grin:

Saw True Grit yesterday - now THAT was an awesome film - and thankfully my kids were more interested in seeing it than Tron.

I went and saw Tron again tonight in IMA 3D, and the movie literally made love with my eyes. That's how amazing it is.

Well...I guess that rules out BL going to the movies with me. Unless.....have u ever heard of "the hedgehog"

I went and saw Tron again tonight in IMA 3D, and the movie literally made love with my eyes. That's how amazing it is.

Well...I guess that rules out BL going to the movies with me. Unless.....have u ever heard of "the hedgehog"

...Wanna see TRON with me in IMAX 3D?

Teeny spoiler warning.

Just got back from seeing it and yeah, it was a lot of fun. Especially for ageing geeks with nostalgia for the days of 8-bit, arcades and the original Tron :cloud9:

Michael Sheen's scene was the high point. That guys a great actor, and the role was a fun one. I can only describe Zuse as a cross between David Bowie and Ziggy Stardust (if that makes sense). Also incredibly cool was Flynn's entrance in the same scene.