• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One More Poster Hits 10K

55 posts in this topic

The Water Cooler is teh suck.

Death to all who support the miscegenation of honorable comic-loving bloodlines by encouraging fraternization with coinees and other undesirables.

Comics General forever.

Do not test me.

I'll have to look those bolded words up hm

Just came from there...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/miscegenation

And me.

About

“Teh” is a common typographical error of the word “the” which has become adopted as an intentional mis-spelling, sometimes as lolspeak. This has occurred as long as there have been QWERTY keyboards and typewriters.

Mutation

When “teh” precludes an adjective, it implies that the word is the ultimate specimen of whatever the quality is. For example, “teh suck” means “This sucks bad.”

References

Wiktionary mentions a similarity in usage to the Spanish word El.

Teh can be used in grammatically different ways than the word “the”, in a similar way to the Spanish word el. For example, “teh” can be applied to adjectives, whereas “the” cannot; “He is teh stupid.” is an acceptable sentence, whereas “He is the stupid.” is not.

UrbanDictionary contains a total of 63 entries for teh.

Examples

“Teh” is used so widely that it has even been used in some blog headlines, such as this one from Media Bistro

You are the suck.

The Water Cooler is teh suck.

Death to all who support the miscegenation of honorable comic-loving bloodlines by encouraging fraternization with coinees and other undesirables.

Comics General forever.

Do not test me.

I'll have to look those bolded words up hm

Just came from there...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/miscegenation

And me.

About

“Teh” is a common typographical error of the word “the” which has become adopted as an intentional mis-spelling, sometimes as lolspeak. This has occurred as long as there have been QWERTY keyboards and typewriters.

Mutation

When “teh” precludes an adjective, it implies that the word is the ultimate specimen of whatever the quality is. For example, “teh suck” means “This sucks bad.”

References

Wiktionary mentions a similarity in usage to the Spanish word El.

Teh can be used in grammatically different ways than the word “the”, in a similar way to the Spanish word el. For example, “teh” can be applied to adjectives, whereas “the” cannot; “He is teh stupid.” is an acceptable sentence, whereas “He is the stupid.” is not.

UrbanDictionary contains a total of 63 entries for teh.

Examples

“Teh” is used so widely that it has even been used in some blog headlines, such as this one from Media Bistro

You are the suck.

Wrong.

I am teh awesome.

I would love to reach 10K posts one day...

Will you mention that you have a list of things you've learned that you'd like to share; begin that list by mentioning that you've learned a whole buncha stuff about fandom; & then move on to the next item on the list without saying what that stuff was?

Congrats,Bill...I always love to read your posts (when I can find my glasses, cause they take time and care to read;)

Nice post, I'm not worthy, I think I'm going to have to leave at 9999;) cause I can't do random effective speeches;)

Will you mention that you have a list of things you've learned that you'd like to share; begin that list by mentioning that you've learned a whole buncha stuff about fandom; & then move on to the next item on the list without saying what that stuff was?

My journal is going to pass my posting shortly....but I'll throw a big party!!

wow! (worship) When I was first reading this post, I echoed some of the ideas others related earlier in the thread (as in, "hey heres of post of substance and not just a one that said 10K! *dancing bananna*") Then i saw my own name and freaked out. Quite the kind dedication.

Bill and I have forged a fast friendship over the years and it has certainly been due to our common ground of appreciation of REH and his stories.

I believe Bill's 10K post is a momentous achievement, not because he has been a graemlin-firing post-whoring attention seeker, but actually because his posts are worthwhile, erudite, and substantive.

Like this one:

The friendships. The Art of Human Relations is the most complex activity in any person's lifetime. There are always setbacks, reverses, & false starts but in the practice of this Art there are never any losses for sufferance of 'losing' presupposes some measure of 'having' at the outset. People & personalities are the most interesting & rewarding aspects of all creation for it is from congress with our neighbor that we realize our own humanity.

It is philosophical musings like this that really make Tupenny the bee's knees. :busy: (and I think he has effectively captured the crux of the main benefit of these boards... Romper Room as it may seem sometimes)

So here's celebrating your 10K post and may ye post 10,000 more! and thanks for the dedication! :whee:

No, he won't because that was his 10K post! Congrats! :banana:

No, he won't because that was his 10K post! Congrats! :banana:

Congrats Chrom you made it Man :headbang: