• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanos

42 posts in this topic

I just finished reading iss. #8 and was wondering if anyone else likes this series. I find it very interesting and well written. Its a bit more intelligent then the usual slash-em-up/blow-em-up type books that seem to invade the market nowadays. I wont devulge any secrets from this issue or make this a spoiler thread if you have not read the issue yet, but it also has some surprises!

I give it a... thumbsup2.gif

I just finished reading iss. #8 and was wondering if anyone else likes this series. I find it very interesting and well written. Its a bit more intelligent then the usual slash-em-up/blow-em-up type books that seem to invade the market nowadays. I wont devulge any secrets from this issue or make this a spoiler thread if you have not read the issue yet, but it also has some surprises!

I give it a... thumbsup2.gif

I'm enjoying the series very much. And yes, one member of this forum is soon to get a visit from his namesake grin.gif

And yes, one member of this forum is soon to get a visit from his namesake

confused.gif

I totally agree on how it differs from the current comics today. This reminds me of the early days of the surfer and how simple and beautiful those comic were. I hope this series continues the same way. Gotta go read mine now.

Its funny how the more god-like a character is, the deeper the writing seems to be sometimes...(ie, Galactus, Surfer, etc..) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am also enjoying this series a lot, but I wonder what direction they will be taking this character. This is such a flip-flop from the Thanos of the Infinity War. It is a bit odd and even unnerving to see this side of Thanos. It will definitely be interesting to see where it goes from here.

I am rather new to the Thanos character and would actually like to see some of his past history...which books do you suggest I look into to find out what he was like back in the day?

You should probably check out the Infinity Crossover series. His first appearance was in Iron Man #55. I am not going to spoil any of it for you, but you might understand the whole scene with Death a little better if you read it. Anything with Ron Lim as the artist is pretty decent too as I really enjoy his Thanos artwork.

Is it called "The Infinity Gauntlet"? In a six part series?

Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2 is the bible. (Edited because I accidentally typed #7 the first time)

I am rather new to the Thanos character and would actually like to see some of his past history...which books do you suggest I look into to find out what he was like back in the day?

Get

Starlin's run in Captain Marvel, which is where the cosmic stuff really starts

Avenger's Annual(is it 7 or 10 can't remember right now)

The entire Silver Surfer run starting in the 1980s(okay, you can skip most issues past 100).

Thanos Quest 1,2(grab the 1st nice 1st print copies you find)

Infinity Gauntlet 6 issue mini-series(good stuff)

Infinity War(an idea taken one step too far)

Infinity Abyss(Huh!!! must of been printed just to keep a copyright or something)

Just some thoughts...

-Iron Man#55, Daredevil#105, Captain Marvel#25-33, Marvel Feature (v.1)#12, Avengers#125, Logan's Run#6, Warlock (v.1)#9-11, 15, Avengers Annual#7, Marvel Two-In-One Annual#2, Death of Captain Marvel, Thanos Quest#1-2, Silver Surfer#34-35, 38, 44-45, 47-50, 57, 59, Infinity Gauntlet#1-6, Quasar#24, 26, Dr. Strange (v.3)#33, Spider-Man#17, Infinity War#1-6, Warlock & the Infinity Watch#7-10, Quasar#38-39, 42, Fantastic Four#369-370, Wonder Man#14, Marvel Comics Presents#108-111, Quasar#59, Infinity Crusade#1-6, Silver Surfer#83-84, 88, 98, Cosmic Powers#1-3, 5-6, Cosmic Powers Unlimited#1, Warlock and the Infinity Watch#19-20, 25, 40-42, Warlock Chronicles#2, Captain Marvel (v.2)#5, Spider-Man Team-Up#2, Ka-Zar (v.4)#5-11, Ka-Zar '97 Annual, X-Man '98 Annual, X-Men '98 Annual, Deadpool#33, Thor 2000 Annual, Thor (v.2)#21-25, Captain Marvel (v.3)#17-19, Avengers: Celestial Quest#1-8, The Infinity Abyss#1-6, Marvel Universe: The End#1-6, Thanos#1-7

Happy reading..... flowerred.gif

thumbsup2.gif