• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanos

42 posts in this topic

I guess iss.# 9 shows you one thing....

if she asks if you were "Good Special" you say... YES!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

reminds me of Ghostbusters....

"Next time, If someone asks you if your a God, you say...YES!!" 893applaud-thumb.gif

notice she is wearing the same old cheesy white outfit...at least she lost the jheri curl

um, she is wearing an orange outfit in my copy.... confused-smiley-013.gif

loved her star filled eyes though! thumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

I notice she is wearing the same old cheesy white outfit...at least she lost the jheri curl smile.gif

White outfit? Are those fumes getting to you while you are on the can? confused-smiley-013.gif27_laughing.gif

Umm..hair...I meant to say "hair" foreheadslap.gif I was referring to my b&w sketch (interiors too) copy tongue.gif

Umm..hair...I meant to say "hair" foreheadslap.gif I was referring to my b&w sketch (interiors too) copy tongue.gif

thumbsup2.gif

btw, how did you get a b&w sketch copy??

it took me a two pink erasers and a while but I gots me my sketch copies now!

insane.gif

A few of us have been posting about how good it is, and it is especially satisfying to see the quality has not dropped without Starlin at the helm. Two thumbs up! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I haven't read 7 & 8 yet. But the first six issues have only been so-so IMO. Maybe I've been spoiled by the consistently imaginative, deep and well written work that Starlin, and let's not forget the work of Al Milgrom either, have done through the years with Warlock and Thanos. Big fan of anything with those two! thumbsup2.gif

Get

Starlin's run in Captain Marvel, which is where the cosmic stuff really starts

Avenger's Annual(is it 7 or 10 can't remember right now)

The entire Silver Surfer run starting in the 1980s(okay, you can skip most issues past 100).

Thanos Quest 1,2(grab the 1st nice 1st print copies you find)

Infinity Gauntlet 6 issue mini-series(good stuff)

Infinity War(an idea taken one step too far)

Infinity Abyss(Huh!!! must of been printed just to keep a copyright or something)

Just some thoughts...

You missed Strange Tales 178-181, Warlock 9-15, Marvel Two-in- One Annual 2 and Avengers Annual 7. Starlin's complete, original Warlock/ Thanos run.

Starlin's run on Captain Marvel was 25-34.

You missed Strange Tales 178-181, Warlock 9-15, Marvel Two-in- One Annual 2 and Avengers Annual 7. Starlin's complete, original Warlock/ Thanos run.

To date I still haven't read those Warlock issues. I did pick pick up a Captain Marvel 26 and 32 this week(vf/nm, nm-).

To date I still haven't read those Warlock issues. I did pick pick up a Captain Marvel 26 and 32 this week(vf/nm, nm-).

It's easily one of my favorite runs from the 70s. Reading it will also add perspective to 2 in 1 annual 2 and Avengers Annual 7 (which it looks like you have read) since they directly follow the events in the Warlock books.

With all the garbage Marvel has been reprinting lately, I can't believe they haven't reprinted Starlin's Warlock material. It seems like it's just begging to get done.

They already did back in 1982 - called it Special Edition Warlock. It reprinted issues #10 - #15 and also reprinted the Strange Tales issues and the Avengers annual and marvel 2-in-1 annual. (info picked out from the OPG, you know, that thick book that everyone says isn't important to the current market...yet a majority of us collectors are all a-tingle waiting for it to arrive tomorrow).