• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #129

11 posts in this topic

Someone went a little crazy with the distributor spray. Other than this, the book is nice and sharp. Shame this had to happen to this guy. Oh well, I still love this book! Any idea how this would grade out? Will it get slammed for this?

Here's the front...

ASM129Front.jpg

...and the back:

ASM129Back.jpg

Sweet book. There's an ASM #24 for sale over in the Golden/Silver/Bronze marketplace with similar treacherous overspray issues that graded in a 9.0... So I would venture to say that this looks like it has the structure of a 9.2 or maybe even 9.4 but that CGC would likely drop it to an 8.5-9.0 based purely on the blue ink.

I was going to say minimum 8.0, but I too have no idea how the overspray affects grading.

It looks at least 9.0 structure-wise though and I did see that CGC copy for sale here. It's got me thinking I should submit my copies with spray. I seriously knocked the grades down because of it when I made my offers to buy them. Perhaps I got a good deal on them after all.... hm

Nice book despite the spray! :applause:

I'm glad to say there is no wavyness to the top or bottom because of the overspray. Thanks all for looking!!

Voorhees, I totally agree. For years I didn't think this was worth sending in, but now, I'm seriously considering it.

Merry Christmas all!