• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 10K+ Funny Book club

285 posts in this topic

The three or four I know of won't be sold, no matter what the price reaches. They're hard core, DC collectors who don't seem to care about the money. I don't know that they'd slab above 8.5, but have seen two of them, they sure look 9.0 or better, well centered, with ow/w pages. I tried to buy one about 5 years ago at which time I was told that there was zero interest in selling and until they sell the whole collection, if ever, they weren't going to be sold. There are a few collections out there that DC collections are held onto and less publicly known than most Marvel collections.

I believe we have discussed this in other threads before, but I think there are going to be a few "unknown" old school GA and SA collections surfacing over the next decade that will contain a number of nice keys. (thumbs u

They keep coming and not to mention the Savannah "cream collection:.

The x-men 1 is a beauty, way better eye appeal than the assigned grade. After seeing the PQ designations coming back a lot of the shine is starting to come off the Savannah collection, still nice, but I think this will trend like Mohawk Valleys or some of the Big Apples.

The three or four I know of won't be sold, no matter what the price reaches. They're hard core, DC collectors who don't seem to care about the money. I don't know that they'd slab above 8.5, but have seen two of them, they sure look 9.0 or better, well centered, with ow/w pages. I tried to buy one about 5 years ago at which time I was told that there was zero interest in selling and until they sell the whole collection, if ever, they weren't going to be sold. There are a few collections out there that DC collections are held onto and less publicly known than most Marvel collections.

I believe we have discussed this in other threads before, but I think there are going to be a few "unknown" old school GA and SA collections surfacing over the next decade that will contain a number of nice keys. (thumbs u

They keep coming and not to mention the Savannah "cream collection:.

The x-men 1 is a beauty, way better eye appeal than the assigned grade. After seeing the PQ designations coming back a lot of the shine is starting to come off the Savannah collection, still nice, but I think this will trend like Mohawk Valleys or some of the Big Apples.

Makes me wonder if they are biased on the PQ of the key books in that collection. hm I've never seen the page quality of those books, just speculation.

Now that would be an interesting trade showcase.

My Xmen 1 8.5

AF15 7.0

SC22 6.5

For your Xmen 1 8.0

AF 15 6.0

SC22 8.5

hm

Sounds about right...but you are still getting a better trade. :grin:

Yeah, i'd agree. Theres a big gap between the 6.0 and 7.0 Af15's $ wise but 7.0 AF15's can be found anyday if you have the money to spend. The 8.5 SC22 would be hard to replace no matter how much you have to spend.

Now that would be an interesting trade showcase.

My Xmen 1 8.5

AF15 7.0

SC22 6.5

For your Xmen 1 8.0

AF 15 6.0

SC22 8.5

hm

Sounds about right...but you are still getting a better trade. :grin:

Yeah, i'd agree. Theres a big gap between the 6.0 and 7.0 Af15's $ wise but 7.0 AF15's can be found anyday if you have the money to spend. The 8.5 SC22 would be hard to replace no matter how much you have to spend.

Me say it again...I love your signature. :golfclap:

Here's my under copy of AF15. AF15 the KING of Silver Age.

RAD1C31D2010414_93459.jpg

Freaking multiple AF15's also?!? (worship)

Very nice! Shame about the foxing/tanning on the spine. Without that, i'd say that it as nice and maybe nicer than my 7.0

Here's my under copy of AF15. AF15 the KING of Silver Age.

RAD1C31D2010414_93459.jpg

Freaking multiple AF15's also?!? (worship)

Very nice! Shame about the foxing/tanning on the spine. Without that, i'd say that it as nice and maybe nicer than my 7.0

At least no chips, but your copy is fresh and has bright colors.

Not sure I can join the club either, but this one's close. Purchased in the days before CGC from Pacific Comic Exchange:

FF12.jpg

Last 2 GPA sales for a 9.0 FF12:

$9560 in November 2007

$9261 in November 2009

Thats a 10k book in my mind. You're in (worship)

Nice books guys, I'm sure there are a bunch for others to show.

I'll ask for permission to enter with my AF 15, it's in a different class with the trimming. I will still be proud of it for a long time to come though.

af15cgc90owwtrimmedss.jpg

Top notch book...it can't get fresh than this. You scored a great one. :applause:

Not sure I can join the club either, but this one's close. Purchased in the days before CGC from Pacific Comic Exchange:

FF12.jpg

Last 2 GPA sales for a 9.0 FF12:

$9560 in November 2007

$9261 in November 2009

Thats a 10k book in my mind. You're in (worship)

This PC book is quite premium for sure.