• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about Nedor?

79 posts in this topic

Kept thinking that pedigree book would come out and list what was in the various pedigrees, but tired of waiting.

Simply put ... I have seen deep runs of Nedors from the Church collection and the D Collection.

I've seen a few Pennsylvania Nedors and a few Okajima Nedors.

Is that about right? Are there any San Francisco Nedors?...or other Pedigree Nedor's?

Any discussion or info on this would be interesting to me and probably a few others ... so thanks in advance for any discussion, images ... etc.

While on this Nedor pedigree topic ...

I've seen CGC Church Copies from pretty much every Nedor title, I think ... but the Black Terror ... although they are pictured in the Gerber. Anybody know anything about these? Are their whereabouts known? Are they in the hands of one collector? Are they just mysteriously out there who knows where? Thanks in advance for thoughts on that as well ...

Are there any San Francisco Nedors?

After years of inquiries, the definitive answer is no.

Curious to know if there were distribution issues on the west coast.

Didn't someone conclude from the numbering on the Church Yanks, that the newstand probably didn't get more then three of a particular issue?

Alright ... I'll keep this going ... there are also some Big Apple Nedors ... Here's a link for a Fighting Yank

http://www.esquirecomics.com/index.php?page=pedigree&pedigree=89

So that's 3 Pedigrees ...

1. Church apparently deep runs ... and have seen slabbed copies, but not of Black Terror.

2. Pennsylvania ... not sure how deep these runs are, but have seen one or two.

3. Big Apple ... Have seen a few ... again not sure if this Pedigree has a deep runs or just a scattered few.

*** San Francisco's are ruled out ...

Soooo ... What else ... do we know?

Thanks for the replies ... Nedor's are just so so tough to find in any grade ... therefor the awareness and knowledge is so much thinner than it is for other Publishers and titles. So we can all learn some things together :)

Jeff has alluded to a handful of pristine copies coming from one of the former Nedor/Better publishers or editors.....what was his name again? Not a Pedigree, per se, but some stunning books that rival (and in some cases, surpass) even the Church examples.

These are pedigrees that I have for Nedors in my collection:

Big Apple

Crippen

Rockford

Church

Ohio

Nova Scotia

Diamond Run (yeah, I know, not really a ped)

The Church, Nova Scotia, and Ohio books are very nice. The Big Apple, Crippen and Rockford show their age.

I was talking to an old-timer who said that in the New York area they had to go to the train station newsstands to get Nedors. He said that they were not available at any of the regular newsstands but he always bought them (and he specifically said Black Terror) when he rode the train. He said there was another publisher that this also applied to but he couldn't remember which. I just thought it was an interesting nugget of info.

These are pedigrees that I have for Nedors in my collection:

Big Apple

Crippen

Rockford

Church

Ohio

Nova Scotia

Diamond Run (yeah, I know, not really a ped)

The Church, Nova Scotia, and Ohio books are very nice. The Big Apple, Crippen and Rockford show their age.

That's a nice little list of Nedor pedigrees! (thumbs u

I was talking to an old-timer who said that in the New York area they had to go to the train station newsstands to get Nedors. He said that they were not available at any of the regular newsstands but he always bought them (and he specifically said Black Terror) when he rode the train. He said there was another publisher that this also applied to but he couldn't remember which. I just thought it was an interesting nugget of info.

That is cool info. I always enjoy hearing about tidbits like that also.

As Jon notes, there are some Larson Nedors (but no Black Terror).

Yes, there are definitely some Larson Nedors out there.

If I remember correctly, I have the Larson copy of Thrilling Comics #1. Better than your normal Larson from a condition point of view and super nice looking with all of the beautiful greens, red, and blues.