• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about Nedor?

79 posts in this topic

Picked these mid-grades up in the last few days.

Startling 40 - Schomburg KKK with decent PQ

Startling40CGC55FC.jpg

Wonder 1 ("D" Copy) - Schomburg Hitler and again decent PQ

Wonder1CGC70FC.jpg

Wonder 12 (Rockford) - Xela Airbrush/Frazetta Art

Wonder20CGC65FC.jpg

Startling40CGC55FC.jpg

Wonder1CGC70FC.jpg

Wonder 12 (Rockford) - Lexa Airbrush/Frazetta Art

Wonder20CGC65FC.jpg

Gorgeous books

Yep. The Wonder # 1 has quickly lept into my Top Five for All-time Great Schomburg Nedor covers.

Gorgeous books

Yep. The Wonder # 1 has quickly lept into my Top Five for All-time Great Schomburg Nedor covers.

Thanks Sardo! I agree George. (thumbs u There are some Nedor Schomburgs that just blaze classic on first glance (Startling 49 for example), and others that sort of settle into the classic realm the more you look at them. For me, it's the latter with Wonder 1. All of the elements on the cover fall perfectly in the frame for me. Maybe this will be my under copy one day.

Startling40CGC55FC.jpg

Wonder1CGC70FC.jpg

Wonder 12 (Rockford) - Xela Airbrush/Frazetta Art

Wonder20CGC65FC.jpg

Great group of books. It might be the lowest graded of the 3, but I like the startling 40 best. A very cool looking book. (thumbs u

Freshly back from CGC.

Exciting07MH.jpg

WOOF I like it

That's a very clean cover drawing by Schomburg and a book from 1941, looking like that! Outstanding! :applause:

Freshly back from CGC.

Exciting07MH.jpg

WOOF I like it

That's a very clean cover drawing by Schomburg and a book from 1941, looking like that! Outstanding! :applause:

It's hard to believe it dates from 1941. The colors are just stunning and the whites are super white. I'm always biting my nails when I get a high grade raw book from Metro but they were dead on target with this one.

I've got no idea why the scans has a checkerboard pattern.

"a moiré pattern (play /mwɑːˈreɪ/; French: [mwaʁe]) is an interference pattern created, for example, when two grids are overlaid at an angle, or when they have slightly different mesh sizes"

The comic cover is a series of printed dots that are then read by the scanner and interpreted into digital bits for the image file.

The book looks marvelous! :cloud9: