• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Frazetta art day

6 posts in this topic

A number of Tiga dailies were printed in the fanzine Squa Tront #2 (1968?) in the Frazetta Forever feature. I don't remember if there was any associated text. I will try to dig my copy out and check, but I probably won't be able to do that until after Christmas.

My first post in this forum.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=710534&GSub=9207

i am looking for help with identifying the year this created, how many Tiga dailes are there and looking for a scan of the version of this that was later published in a fanzine.

AS ECFanMan has pointed out (along with Ray Cuthbert elsewhere), the TIGA dailies saw print in SQUA TRONT # 2, 1968 "The Frazetta Collector", by Bob Barrett).

A total of 12 dailies are featured in the SQUA TRONT fanzine. Yours is # 4.

Barrett says the strip was conceived by Frazetta in 1948 (not 1950, as erroneously reported in WITZEND).

As I'm without the use of a scanner for the time being, I'm not in a poisition to scan the three pages of TIGA strips for you, sorry . . .