• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many have you completed?

122 posts in this topic

near complete run of Atlas Comics (Marvel) 1950-61 across all titles

complete run of EC's New Trend

Mad 1-100

Detective Comics 28-35 except for 30

A complete run of the EC New Trend titles is something I've always aspired to. I'm working on the Haunt of Fear now.

I've always wanted to post a few of my most interesting EC's. Maybe I will when I get a break.

near complete run of Atlas Comics 1950-61 across all titles

All titles / all genres? If so, :hail:

Thanks. I'm eight issues away. There are three (near) completed Atlas collections I know. Vadeboncoeur lives about less than an hour away. Let's just hope a big California earthquake doesn't hit us, or else there might be some missing Atlas books. :wishluck:

hm let me see ... counting you, there is also Jim V. and Doc V..Tom L. is close and getting closer. Others like Banks R. are also accumulating many then there's Gary W. and Dan S. who have many of all publishers but my guess is that you included yourself and the first other two listed?

Regardless, go ahead and post the list of the last eight RIGHT AWAY. We can help! Or you can wait for the next time Jim is in Paris and sneak in ... :insane:

Yikes! Jim V and Doc V are mostly finished with their Atlas runs. Not sure where Tom and the rest are. I've been fighting for the same hard-to-find romance issues with Dan Stevenson for many years. I hope he's not branching out and accumulating other genres!! I had thought Moondog and Michelle Nolan had helped secure the last two Atlas issues he needed?

Thanks for the help..will post my want list; maybe behind the scenes seeing how there's unwanted competition. lol

Too numerous to mention in their entirety.

Some highlights:

Batman 1 - 500

More Fun 52 - 127 (rebuilding the More Fun run again, but this time only 52 - 81, large logos)

Journey into Mystery 1-125

Tales to Astonish 1-101

Hulk 102-474

Avengers 1-400

Fantastic Four 1-416

Planet Comics 1-73

Jumbo Comics 1-167

Jungle Comics 1-163

Wilbur 1-90

D. Tracy 1-145

You get the drift. I have been a crazed completionist in my day. In all fairness, the Fiction House titles were purchased complete so I didn't have to compile them. The others were all pieced together.

I've completed Uncle Scrooge 1-71 (all original Barks stories) and Pogo Possum 1-16 + Four Color 105, 148. Both easy runs to put together, but it took me a while to get the eye appeal/price ratio right. (Still looking for an Uncle Scrooge #6 in 7.0 or so)

Here's the first forty Uncle Scrooge - love those Dell covers.

group_1_10.jpg

group_11_20.jpg

group_21_30.jpg

group_31_40.jpg

Thanks. I'm eight issues away. There are three (near) completed Atlas collections I know. Vadeboncoeur lives about less than an hour away. Let's just hope a big California earthquake doesn't hit us, or else there might be some missing Atlas books. :wishluck:

hm let me see ... counting you, there is also Jim V. and Doc V..Tom L. is close and getting closer. Others like Banks R. are also accumulating many then there's Gary W. and Dan S. who have many of all publishers but my guess is that you included yourself and the first other two listed?

Regardless, go ahead and post the list of the last eight RIGHT AWAY. We can help! Or you can wait for the next time Jim is in Paris and sneak in ... :insane:

Yikes! Jim V and Doc V are mostly finished with their Atlas runs. Not sure where Tom and the rest are. I've been fighting for the same hard-to-find romance issues with Dan Stevenson for many years. I hope he's not branching out and accumulating other genres!! I had thought Moondog and Michelle Nolan had helped secure the last two Atlas issues he needed?

Thanks for the help..will post my want list; maybe behind the scenes seeing how there's unwanted competition. lol

I know Michelle found two that I had that Dan still needed, but she didn't say that they were the LAST two...

I've completed Uncle Scrooge 1-71 (all original Barks stories) and Pogo Possum 1-16 + Four Color 105, 148. Both easy runs to put ogether, but it took me a while to get the eye appeal/price ratio right. (Still looking for an Uncle Scrooge #6 in 7.0 or so)

(thumbs u

I've completed Uncle Scrooge 1-71 (all original Barks stories) and Pogo Possum 1-16 + Four Color 105, 148. Both easy runs to put together, but it took me a while to get the eye appeal/price ratio right. (Still looking for an Uncle Scrooge #6 in 7.0 or so)

group_1_10.jpg

group_11_20.jpg

group_21_30.jpg

group_31_40.jpg

Love that set :applause:

I know Michelle found two that I had that Dan still needed, but she didn't say that they were the LAST two...

Would you have charged more had you known they were the last two? :baiting: Some dealers would have ... :tonofbricks:

Would you have charged more had you known they were the last two? :baiting: Some dealers would have ... :tonofbricks:

Some dealers also go waaaaaay out of their way to help a good customer out. (thumbs u

I guess what good is it unless you can share.

Entire Comic Company output pre-war:

Comic Magazine/Centaur

Chesler

Fox Comics

Ace Magazine

Longer Runs

Silver Streak run

Champion/Champ run

Marvel Comics/ Marvel Mystery/ Marvel Tales 1-100

Mystic (first series)

Wonder Comics run

The short-lived runs:

Wow, Whirlwind, Rocket, Miracle, Bang-Up, Blazing, Superworld, Namora, Best, Capt. Battle, Circus, Crash, Scoop, Mad Hatter, Cannonball, Victory, Spotlight

#1-#10+ of a GA title

Air Fighters/ Air Boy

The Funnies

Famous Funnies 1-36 (Bill, eat your heart out!)

Tip-Top

Popular

Heroic

New Comics

Detective

New Fun/More Fun

Action

Master Comics 1-6 (oversized)

Capt. America

Prize

Speed

Smash

Startling 1-9, 44-51

Target

Jungle

Jumbo

Thrilling

Planet

Yellow Jacket 1-10

Also complete SA Marvel Collection (see Gerber Photo Journal)

Happy Holidays! jb

107583.jpg.1f1d91c615b241cafdf96ece7806bd2b.jpg

Paging Mr. Parker!

let's see.

all timely/atlas superhero titles [including venus]

all cheslers except the hybrid centaur titles [star, star ranger, feature funnies]

all fox titles thru 7/40

air fighters

silver streak

reglar fellers heroic [1-15]

cowboy romances/young men

true western/true adventures/men's adventures

mystery comics

variety comics

casey crime photographer

ideal [vol.1 ]

weird thrillers

choice comics