• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many have you completed?

122 posts in this topic

Archie 1-400

Jughead 1-100

Batman 2-50, planning on getting a number 1 next year. (I hope!)

Wow, I'd love to see your Batman books in a group shot! I've been working on a run of 2-100 for years, I'm still nowhere near to completing it(I always see other books that divert me away from my goal).

Paging Mr. Parker!

let's see.

all timely/atlas superhero titles [including venus]

all cheslers except the hybrid centaur titles [star, star ranger, feature funnies]

all fox titles thru 7/40

air fighters

silver streak

reglar fellers heroic [1-15]

cowboy romances/young men

true western/true adventures/men's adventures

mystery comics

variety comics

casey crime photographer

ideal [vol.1 ]

weird thrillers

choice comics

red dragon

all moon girl appearances

jo-jo jungle king

purple claw

spaceman

silver--amazing adventures 1--asm 400, and sarge 1--the reprints [120, i think]

Okay, kinda nice (okay really nice) but how is your Ziggy Pig collection??!! (...and an "infinity cover" also!)

107586.jpg.dfdd1899ab6064eaf9f5dc55aedfb92f.jpg

Paging Mr. Parker!

let's see.

all timely/atlas superhero titles [including venus]

all cheslers except the hybrid centaur titles [star, star ranger, feature funnies]

all fox titles thru 7/40

air fighters

silver streak

reglar fellers heroic [1-15]

cowboy romances/young men

true western/true adventures/men's adventures

mystery comics

variety comics

casey crime photographer

ideal [vol.1 ]

weird thrillers

choice comics

red dragon

all moon girl appearances

jo-jo jungle king

purple claw

spaceman

silver--amazing adventures 1--asm 400, and sarge 1--the reprints [120, i think]

Okay, kinda nice (okay really nice) but how is your Ziggy Pig collection??!! (...and an "infinity cover" also!)

zig and the seal? i collected this as part of the kid run, but, technically, i guess it's really a complete run of kid MOVIE komics!

kid11.jpg

I had thought Moondog and Michelle Nolan had helped secure the last two Atlas issues he needed?

Does Michelle Nolan ever post here? I always enjoyed her articles in the Comics Buyer's Guide and the Comic Book Marketplace.

(thumbs u

Too numerous to mention in their entirety.

Some highlights:

Batman 1 - 500

More Fun 52 - 127 (rebuilding the More Fun run again, but this time only 52 - 81, large logos)

Journey into Mystery 1-125

Tales to Astonish 1-101

Hulk 102-474

Avengers 1-400

Fantastic Four 1-416

Planet Comics 1-73

Jumbo Comics 1-167

Jungle Comics 1-163

Wilbur 1-90

D. Tracy 1-145

You get the drift. I have been a crazed completionist in my day. In all fairness, the Fiction House titles were purchased complete so I didn't have to compile them. The others were all pieced together.

That's awesome!

(thumbs u

I've completed Uncle Scrooge 1-71 (all original Barks stories) and Pogo Possum 1-16 + Four Color 105, 148. Both easy runs to put together, but it took me a while to get the eye appeal/price ratio right. (Still looking for an Uncle Scrooge #6 in 7.0 or so)

Here's the first forty Uncle Scrooge - love those Dell covers.

group_1_10.jpg

group_11_20.jpg

group_21_30.jpg

group_31_40.jpg

Yeah, I love them too!

(thumbs u

I have a major problem completing runs.because I'm constantly dismissing books with which I was once completely satisfied as inadequate with respect to condition.

A curse.

Yes. Both expensive and frustrating. Sometimes I think that it would be easier to just be a drug addict.

:frustrated:

By any ordinary standard I have an awesome comic collection - yet many of you fellows leave me feeling like an outright wimp.

(worship)

I posted these pictures of my collection three years ago in the Comic Room thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2056049&fpart=61

There's been a lot of changes/improvements to the room in the last three years so I'll take some new pictures in a week or so. Once again I'll need The MAN to help me out since doing things such as taking pics without benefit of opposable thumbs is difficult.

[imghttp://www.thealmightyguru.com/Halloween/Monsters/Images/BlackCat3.jpg][/img]

:cool:

Is it completing a run? If you just do (for example) 1 thru 50 or a series that has ran for 500+ issues?

Are one shots, completing a run?

Are having issues 1, 2 and 3 of a series that ran for 36 issues, "completing" a run?

Is the difinition of a "run", whatever issues of a series you want to collect?

Just asking.

Is it completing a run? If you just do (for example) 1 thru 50 or a series that has ran for 500+ issues?

I'd say at least 25 consecutive issues constitutes a very respectable run from a longer series.

Are having issues 1, 2 and 3 of a series that ran for 36 issues, "completing" a run?

In my opinion a three issue run should only be considered if it's a run of rarities from the Golden or Atom ages.

hm

By any ordinary standard I have an awesome comic collection - yet many of you fellows leave me feeling like an outright wimp.

(worship)

I know the feeling...

And are you related to the Louisiana Cats by any chance? We might be cousins! :baiting:

Well I have a Henry Gray and the Cats t-shirt.

JFblog_henry_gray.jpg

Does that count?

hm

I'd say at least 25 consecutive issues constitutes a very respectable run from a longer series.

In my opinion a three issue run should only be considered if it's a run of rarities from the Golden or Atom ages.

hm

I have too many "partial" runs to list, l. I've accumulated a few #1 books and 1-10 type series, but so far only the full series above. I'm working in Venus, Moongirl, Planet and a zillion other things,then I get distracted.

My new goal is to only HAVE partial runs, I think I'm going to weed out a few covers I love from each group. Too many wonderful books to just focus on one title, I enjoy getting distracted, lol.

Just asking.

hypertechnically, "completing a run" would be all of them. but we do take contextual liberties on this august g.a. board. for example: we would all recognize a complete "run" of pre-robin batman 'tecs. a "run" of issues 27-37 would work for all of us. i had, but don't now, a run of the "rivet" logo planets [1-22]. i thought it a valid "run." same with my hit run--am after only the large logos [1-24]. i know collectors who want the "run" of more fun spectre covers. and so on....

Just asking.

hypertechnically, "completing a run" would be all of them. but we do take contextual liberties on this august g.a. board. for example: we would all recognize a complete "run" of pre-robin batman 'tecs. a "run" of issues 27-37 would work for all of us. i had, but don't now, a run of the "rivet" logo planets [1-22]. i thought it a valid "run." same with my hit run--am after only the large logos [1-24]. i know collectors who want the "run" of more fun spectre covers. and so on....

(thumbs u