• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 2* Results

119 posts in this topic

I would have not been near as far off on this one if I had known the books were not submitted on their potential for good grades.

Now that I realize these must have just been sent in for fun, I hope I do better.

Why would anyone submit that book in that condition for grading? :screwy:

I would have not been near as far off on this one if I had known the books were not submitted on their potential for good grades.

Now that I realize these must have just been sent in for fun, I hope I do better.

Why would a book with multiple major CGC defects (listed in the description no less) be expected to receive a good grade? The books were sent in for a grading contest. What kind of contest would it be if all the books were the same grade? (shrug)

If anyone was expecting to just pick from 9.2s, 9.4s, 9.6s and 9.8s, well you're in for a treat as the grade range for these books are rather... diverse. :insane:

Why would a book with multiple major CGC defects (listed in the description no less) be expected to receive a good grade? The books were sent in for a grading contest. What kind of contest would it be if all the books were the same grade? (shrug)

If anyone was expecting to just pick from 9.2s, 9.4s, 9.6s and 9.8s, well you're in for a treat as the grade range for these books are rather... diverse. :insane:

Only 5 people gave it a 9.2

Understood.

It never entered my mind the books were just for the contest. doh!

It is my own dumb fault for not thinking about it. :tonofbricks:

Moving on to book three. :)

Wow! I stink at grading!

You might, but this contest is hardly an indication of your skill. Remember this is all about "determining from the scan what the real book actually looks like and then filtering that through a 'what CGC would grade it" compiler based on notable flaws, stains and other limiters."

This is certainly a skill some on here have, but it has little to do with grading a book in hand.