• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defenders!?!

98 posts in this topic

Thanks for looking. That's the full run. Takes up nearly five CGC boxes. There are still quite few that I'd like to get with less of a miswrap but the show up so seldom and miswraps seem to be a common defenct on so many issues.

That's alot of slabbage.

I like how this issue pays homage to an earlier Dr. Strange cover depiction of Eternity.

Defenders92FC.jpg

DrS180sale.jpg

When I first saw this post, I wondered how I managed to upload the wrong photo!

I'm reminded of that ugly Doctor Strange sketch that circles through the boards periodically.

Not much of a secret that I like to complete long runs of books. I recently finished my Defenders run and got them all scanned so I thought I would post a pic of each and every one of them.

Defenders1FC.jpg

Defenders2FC.jpg

Awesome run and great books as usual, Jeff. Defenders #2 was the very first book that I ever bought. I still have my copy - beat-up and well-read but it is very special to me. Defenders should get more love. :applause:

Well done as usual cheetah! Your collection never ceases to impress the he'll out of me (worship)

One of these days I'll hopefully have the discipline to stick to finishing ONE run instead of trying to fill 10 at once! lol

OUTSTANDING cheetah.

Like telerites said earlier, "Defenders should get more love."

Thank you for sharing.

Any back story? Length of time to complete, hardest to aquire in high grade, ....

After the Avengers, the Defenders and Marvel Team-up were my favorite titles. Like Telerites, Defenders #2 was the first issue of Defenders I ever bought. My favorite storyline with the Avengers/Defenders War because it combined my two favorite comics!

When I got back into comics in 1983, the Defenders was still there waiting for me and I picked it up. Some of the later issues are OO bokks that I submitted out of my own collection. I had mixed emotions when they cancelled it at issue 152. I loved the history of the title but the on-going litany of poor writing and poor artwork had made it painful to read.

Overall, it isn't an easy title in high grade. I think I have the only 9.8 graded #150 and some of the books between 20 and 45 are uncommon in high grade and rampant with horrible miscuts. I've upgraded some of the issues 3-4 times, incrementally getting better copies even though the ones I now have are still miscut. And somewhere, I have misplaced my #58. Must be in one of my miscellaneous boxes.

Great books, Jeff. Thanks for posting them.

Defenders was one of my faves from childhood and I have a very old memory as a very small kid of my older brother getting me to identlfy comic characters when I was too young too read them. He got me to identy the Defenders from the "head shots" in the top left. I knew Hulk and Doc Strange but I thought Nighthawk was Captain America because of the little "mask wings".

Anyway, as I learnt to read, I got to like Defenders which was in the period after Hellcat joined. I stopped getting superhero comics for a while (though I did read others) and when I reaquainted myself with the Defenders some time later, it was unrecognisable and not in a good way. I didn't miss it when it got cancelled but the issues from #1 to around 80 something, still hold a fond place in my memory.