• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fight Comics 31

55 posts in this topic

I love them both. Beyond the graphic nature of the decapitation on Fight 31, I think it was also unusual to show a US soldier being shot on the cover. Not good for morale.

fight31.jpg

fight32.jpg

(worship) Good looking books! With everything happening on the cover of Fight 32, you would think our damsel in distress who is about to be hacked would be a little more nervous looking tho.

Another thing to note about the 31 is that very few seem to have really deep colors. If I remember correctly the 8.5 had really nice reds, which is probably why it did so well.

Unfortunately with Fiction House, the true reds often show up as pale orange. Still, ANY Fight 31 in grade will command many multiples of guide. How many high grade copies are out there regardless of color strike? (shrug)

Do you mean other than the horde you own?

Shhhhhh! Don't tell em about my warehouse find! :whistle:

Whats up Tyler?

Just sharing my love for Fight 31 and 32..... :luhv:

Well, whatever you do, DO NOT look at Fight #35...nothing to see there! :whistle:

Another thing to note about the 31 is that very few seem to have really deep colors. If I remember correctly the 8.5 had really nice reds, which is probably why it did so well.

Unfortunately with Fiction House, the true reds often show up as pale orange. Still, ANY Fight 31 in grade will command many multiples of guide. How many high grade copies are out there regardless of color strike? (shrug)

Whats up Tyler?

There are some sweet covers in that title!

Whats up Tyler?

ell, whatever you do, DO NOT look at Fight #35...nothing to see there! :whistle:

Sound of DEnnis googling Fight Comics 35 :foryou:

I was looking throught the Gerber guide and saw the cover for Fight Comics 31.I had two questions about this book.

Is it just the cool cover thing or is it really that scarce.

Also what does it generally sell for?Double guide?Triple?

Tahnks for any help

Dennis

I sold mine on the boards in January, 2010, for 3.5X Overstreet in 16 minutes.

I was looking throught the Gerber guide and saw the cover for Fight Comics 31.I had two questions about this book.

Tahnks for any help

Dennis

If I recall correctly you sold to buy another collection?

Tahnks for any help

Dennis

Dan

What grade was it?

Tahnks for any help

Dennis

If you had waited 17 minutes, I would have paid 3.6X Overstreet. :baiting:

I suspect Fight 30, 31, and 32 may be the last three issues I need to complete that run one of these days years.

Yes, very nice reds - none of that Fiction House orange, which for this cover in particular is noticeable (orange blood?). It seems in general that FH books are more commonly found with orange instead of red, my low grade Fight #31 has the same flaw.

Tahnks for any help

Dennis

If I recall correctly you sold to buy another collection?

Sold it to have play money in Paris with the wife for our 20th anniversary. Would do it again!