• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fight Comics 31

55 posts in this topic

I was looking throught the Gerber guide and saw the cover for Fight Comics 31.I had two questions about this book.

Is it just the cool cover thing or is it really that scarce.

Also what does it generally sell for?Double guide?Triple?

Tahnks for any help

Dennis

Likely just harder to find due to cool cover. Not sure what Guide is on the book these days, but I'm guessing a 2.0 copy would fetch a minimum of $250. Last year Heritage sold an CGC 8.5 with nice reds for $3300.

I think you are on the right track. Not a book I have researched and I don't have GPA but have seen the demand and lots of comments on this book on these boards. Using last years guide and assuming no big price jump I would guess at least 4-5 times guide.

Hi Scrooge :hi:

Yup, the decap cover. A 2.0 thereabouts sold on eBay earlier this year for $300 to $350.

Now, as far as rarity, it's as tough as others around the same time period, the one-staple FHs, and a mite tougher due to the coolness factor.

I would agree it is a bit tough, but I see 31 come up more often than I do the equally cool (at least to me) Fight 30 and 32, IMHO.

Yes, 30 was a struggle for me to find. I've seen more 32's than I have seen 31's though. Of course, these comments are excluding the issue of grade.

Of course.

Grade is a completly different level to this conversation.

Yes, 30 was a struggle for me to find. I've seen more 32's than I have seen 31's though. Of course, these comments are excluding the issue of grade.

Of course.

Grade is a completly different level to this conversation.

Thank you all.When in doubt ask the professionals (thumbs u

Another thing to note about the 31 is that very few seem to have really deep colors. If I remember correctly the 8.5 had really nice reds, which is probably why it did so well.

Unfortunately with Fiction House, the true reds often show up as pale orange. Still, ANY Fight 31 in grade will command many multiples of guide. How many high grade copies are out there regardless of color strike? (shrug)

Another thing to note about the 31 is that very few seem to have really deep colors. If I remember correctly the 8.5 had really nice reds, which is probably why it did so well.

Unfortunately with Fiction House, the true reds often show up as pale orange. Still, ANY Fight 31 in grade will command many multiples of guide. How many high grade copies are out there regardless of color strike? (shrug)

Do you mean other than the horde you own?

Shhhhhh! Don't tell em about my warehouse find! :whistle:

Whats up Tyler?

Whats up Tyler?

Just sharing my love for Fight 31 and 32..... :luhv: