• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harlan Ellison signature series (open to other boardies w/Ellison bks to list)

35 posts in this topic

Last book.

On the fence about this one for a few reasons.

But here you go.

Hulk #140 CGC 9.8 s/s Ellison and Trimpe

2nd print, pkgd with whoknowswhat back in the 1990s when Marvel was doing reprints for various promotions.

I don't know exactly HOW scarce this is, but I haven't seen another.

All I know for certain is that there are nine copies graded total.

2 universal 9.8

2 universal 9.6

1 universal 9.4

2 universal 9.0

1 yellow s/s 9.8 (this copy)

1 yellow s/s 8.0

This is the only 9.8 s/s and it's double signed...not even my #140 (1st print) got Trimpe :cry:

There were a few Hulk #140 1st printings that were entered for Ellison s/s but this was the only copy of the 1994 variant.

None popped up for sale since 2005.

Asking $675 :sumo:

hulk140B.jpg

What kills me is I had 3 copies of Hulk #140 graded after the signing. I did not have them available in time. All first printing.

They came back

:frustrated:

Did Ellison write the Hulk & Daredevils, or were they adaptations?

He wrote the HULK #140, and the DD 208....DD 209 was written by soemone else, but the plot/concept was Harlan.

Ellison based DD 208 on the “House That Jack Built” episode of Avengers. (John Steed and Mrs. Peel that is, not Captain America and Co.)

Did Ellison write the Hulk & Daredevils, or were they adaptations?

He wrote the HULK #140, and the DD 208....DD 209 was written by soemone else, but the plot/concept was Harlan.

Ellison based DD 208 on the “House That Jack Built” episode of Avengers. (John Steed and Mrs. Peel that is, not Captain America and Co.)

#208 was my all-time favorite off-the-stands purchase. For some reason, I was really enthralled with the tale. This book kept me collecting for another couple of years. I never knew it was based on an Avengers episode, but that help explain its winning qualities.