• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harlan Ellison signature series (open to other boardies w/Ellison bks to list)

35 posts in this topic

Back in September, we were able to get a small number of books signed by one of the greatest living American science fiction writers of our time.

If you don't know who Harlan Ellison is, please google him!

Over 76 books, multiple screenplays, teleplays---a wide array of film, literature and television.

Ellison has won numerous awards - more awards for imaginative literature than any other living author - including multiple Hugos, Nebulas and Edgars.

One of his most famous (and infamous) pieces of work is the beloved original Star Trek episode "City on the Edge of Forever."

Also, if you watched The Outer Limits, you might recognize "Demon with a Glass Hand" starring Robert Culp.

Twilight Zone, Amazing Stories, Route 66, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (and yes, even an episode of The Flying Nun) can be found on his long list of work.

Some of his more recognized literary pieces are "A Boy and his Dog," (adapted as Vic & Blood with art by Richard Corben and a film in 1975 starring Don Johnson), "Repent, Harlequin, said the Ticktockman," "Stalking the Nightmare," "Paingod," "The Glass Teat," "Shatterday," "I have no mouth, and I must scream," "Spider Kiss," "Mind Fields," and "Angry Candy."

For a full list of his history, go to Ellison Wiki

On September 25th at MadCon, 50 books were signed by Ellison for the signature series program. Approximately 12 to 15 board members took part in this rare opportunity. Ellison has stated that this would be his final public appearance.

I am offering only a few of my duplicates here for sale (everything else stays in my private collection), and openly invite any of the other board members who wish to add one or two of their own to this thread.

Much like the recent Sam Kieth signing, this could well turn out to be the only one we may have.

Prices include shipping anywhere USA, and I offer 10% discount on combinded cost of multiple purchases.

Loved Moorcock back in the day.

Someone on the boards was just saying this about you. hm

Amazing that we can say Moorcock but Giordano's name gets the spoon treatment.

Last book.

On the fence about this one for a few reasons.

But here you go.

Hulk #140 CGC 9.8 s/s Ellison and Trimpe

2nd print, pkgd with whoknowswhat back in the 1990s when Marvel was doing reprints for various promotions.

I don't know exactly HOW scarce this is, but I haven't seen another.

All I know for certain is that there are nine copies graded total.

2 universal 9.8

2 universal 9.6

1 universal 9.4

2 universal 9.0

1 yellow s/s 9.8 (this copy)

1 yellow s/s 8.0

This is the only 9.8 s/s and it's double signed...not even my #140 (1st print) got Trimpe :cry:

There were a few Hulk #140 1st printings that were entered for Ellison s/s but this was the only copy of the 1994 variant.

None popped up for sale since 2005.

Asking $675 :sumo:

hulk140B.jpg