• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you scan your collection

Do you scan?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Do you scan?

46 posts in this topic

I try to scan all my CGC books, for inventory and insurance purposes as well as enjoyment. If a seller has a good scan (like namisgr), I will download and use that. I scan very few of my raw books unless I am selling them. I have an HP 7310 legal size scanner that works pretty good except for a few light "ghost" spots. I wish I could clean the bottom surface of the glass but it is apparently sealed. :frustrated:

that's like my UMAX astra 3400, but i'm sure the model is different. but potential buyer needs to contact seller for the specs and to see if the scanner has updatability drivers and or software. :wishluck:

I don't scan everything like I used to. If a book I buy has a scan with it, I save that and use it if I want to show the book on the boards. I need to start scanning some of my books again.

No! But only because i cant find a damn legal sized scanner anywhere! :mad:

Once i can finally find one, i plan on scanning all of my slabs and most of my raw books. For now, i just try to keep the scan from whatever sale or auction i buy my books from.

This is the one I use.. LOVE it. It scans up to 11.7x 17 and does 300 dpi, but I generally stick to 150 which is plenty, imho.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=B11B195011

gt20000_fca-onr-nn_690x460.jpg

I also scan every book, and it goes pretty quickly. I can do about 100 CGC books front and back in just under an hour...

I scan all my CGC books. It took me a few months with over slabbed 2000 books. It was worth the effort.

Looking at the scans is an easy way to enjoy the books without digging through the boxes. And it's a great way to check out a book to see if I want to upgrade it for a book with better centering.

I am working diligently on scanning my CGC collection. I've only got another 4,000 or so to go. Best yet, I'm gonna make you guys look at every single one of them whether you like it or not.

No! But only because i cant find a damn legal sized scanner anywhere! :mad:

Once i can finally find one, i plan on scanning all of my slabs and most of my raw books. For now, i just try to keep the scan from whatever sale or auction i buy my books from.

This is the one I use.. LOVE it. It scans up to 11.7x 17 and does 300 dpi, but I generally stick to 150 which is plenty, imho.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=B11B195011

gt20000_fca-onr-nn_690x460.jpg

I also scan every book, and it goes pretty quickly. I can do about 100 CGC books front and back in just under an hour...

Yikes! $1500 bucks for a scanner??!! Ouch. I think I paid like $79 for mine...no more than $99...'course it doesn't do full-size slab image... :tonofbricks:

I am working diligently on scanning my CGC collection. I've only got another 4,000 or so to go. Best yet, I'm gonna make you guys look at every single one of them whether you like it or not.

:popcorn:

You should have them done by the end of the week, you being so fast.