• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you scan your collection

Do you scan?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Do you scan?

46 posts in this topic

No! But only because i cant find a damn legal sized scanner anywhere! :mad:

Once i can finally find one, i plan on scanning all of my slabs and most of my raw books. For now, i just try to keep the scan from whatever sale or auction i buy my books from.

I recently started scanning all of the better books as soon as I get them. It is probably too late to go back and scan everything I have.

Now I can use my iPod touch if I am at a show to figure out what kind of shape my current copy is in, and whether I need an upgrade.

Also, if I choose to sell an undercopy, I already have the scan.

My scans from purchases in the last month since I started scanning.

I have been working on scanning most of my silver books and wondered if anyone else spends (wastes) alot of time scanning (or keeping some sort of a visual record) of their comics?

I do scan in every book I own, I think it's become an obsessive compulsion. I like to be able to see what condition any book is in without going and trawling through shortboxes. It also helps if I ever want to sell books I have the scans at hand right away.

I've documented more about this recently here. The Excel file is attached with all scans linked.

I've been scanning my books since 2006-ish. Been doing front and backs for everything I bought. I catalog them with Comic Collectorz. I few years ago I was trying to be space conscious and not scan the book very big so I have a bunch of scans that are in the 150 dpi range (that was what Collectorz would accept in their online database). After a few years I said screw it and have been doing decent sized book and making sure that I leave space around the edges. don't think I'll go back through and fix the old ones I'll just work with what I got.

My brother rjrjr should respond to this post. He scans, grades, inventories everything. I believe he is up to box 96. His database even tells him what is in each box and position inside the box.