• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal and the New Tax Reporting Laws Links???

8 posts in this topic

Hello. :hi:

I know there was a thread about this not too long ago. Paypal begins reporting to the IRS for tranactions in 2011 and I want to get my accounting in better order to prepare.

Paypal had a big banner for a while to provide information, but they have removed it and their search engine is a joke. You would think they would provide an easy link to the information, but it is very well hidden (in my experience anyway).

Does anyone have a link to the official Paypal information about the new reporting requirements? Or perhaps someone knows where it is on the Paypal site?

Thanks for the help.

This new law WILL affect some of here on the Boards...not by what we sell here, but the PayPal transactions WILL add up. Better dot your i's and cross those t's...

CAL must hire a moving kid to drop the BOXES of paperwork to Accountant...

This new law WILL affect some of here on the Boards...not by what we sell here, but the PayPal transactions WILL add up. Better dot your i's and cross those t's...

CAL must hire a moving kid to drop the BOXES of paperwork to Accountant...

Agreed. I'm sure some people will chime in as usual with the "it won't matter if you have been paying your taxes anyway". I'm just trying to get a better grasp of the paperwork requirements, since all sales income will be reported, I need to create a better system for tracking all expenses and backing it all up.

doh!