• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grant Morrison

126 posts in this topic

Supply ties into that one doesnt?

If you want a Walking Dead #1 you can buy one. There is an available supply. it's the hottest modern book, considering what it goes for that is out there.

I've stated elsewhere that I think the book has legs and the reaction has been that there are plenty of more raw unsolicited copies out there that will eventually drive the price down.

So supply is available. Copies are still selling for high dollars.

It has surpassed it's 20 minutes.

And guess what? Outside the mainstream...

Johns does what every popular comic writer writing today does: He strip mines the past stories and makes readers look for those obscure appearances of a character.I think Johns is a good writer and, in 34 years of reading comics, I can't remember a Green Lantern story that was more entertaining than what Johns has written.

I've said before that I think the spectrum of colored lanterns/rings is one of the best ret-cons I've ever read. It makes sense with the light spectrum/emotional spectrum, it didn't negate the past, and it enhanced the GL universe, propelling it forward. Great stuff.

I'd love to see Grant write a monthly GL, though. That would get freaky!

Johns does what every popular comic writer writing today does: He strip mines the past stories and makes readers look for those obscure appearances of a character.I think Johns is a good writer and, in 34 years of reading comics, I can't remember a Green Lantern story that was more entertaining than what Johns has written.

I've said before that I think the spectrum of colored lanterns/rings is one of the best ret-cons I've ever read. It makes sense with the light spectrum/emotional spectrum, it didn't negate the past, and it enhanced the GL universe, propelling it forward. Great stuff.

(thumbs u

Though I agree with your sentiment, I wish they had done a better job with the "good" ring lanterns. Yellow, Orange, and Red are good times. Black were fun, but they need to keep it from being a one-trick pony. Some way to keep them around without making it an event.

But Sapphire is really lame. I'm sure many like that his lady is part of the group, but I felt it was a bit contrived. Don't care for the Blue, Indigo, or White so far either. Too campy.

Pat

Star Saphire is from the SA. I also think that Johns has done a great job working in the continuity. I mean he started at Showcase 22! and tied it in all the way forward. Also the purpose of the White Lanterns hasnt really been revealed (it may have, I am 2 months behind). But the use of forgotten characters makes me happy.