• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Flash 105!

25 posts in this topic

7.0 but is there a lot of wear on the back cover spine or just dirt and the scanner magnifying it?

There is that spot of white which is either wear or a misprint about 30% down from the top on the back cover spine. Other than that I don't believe there is any wear. The pair of dark areas are the green of the Mirror Master's uniform showing from the front cover.

Magnifying the image is harsh on the eye appeal of any comic.

:(

front is cropped. Can I see a better scan. As is F+ (6.5) dirty BC, but definite press and dry clean candidate.

There, I just rescanned and replaced the front cover image.

:)

The left of the FC cover still looks slightly cropped. With that in mind I think you have a 6.5/7.0 . Definitely a pressing candidate.

front is cropped. Can I see a better scan. As is F+ (6.5) dirty BC, but definite press and dry clean candidate.

There, I just rescanned and replaced the front cover image.

:)

The left of the FC cover still looks slightly cropped. With that in mind I think you have a 6.5/7.0 . Definitely a pressing candidate.

I don't understand this. There's blue all around the image I posted on Photobucket. Yet everytime I post the link on this site the blue disappears at the left and top of the front cover.

Flash105front.jpg

(shrug)

Geez, you guys are tough. If it's not an 8.0, it's a very strong 7.5. I suspect the scanner is exaggerating that top edge wear. Sweet book! (thumbs u

The top edge wear isn't at all bothersome. The magnification is indeed exaggerating the book's weakest points. It's eye popping bright and has great eye appeal overall.

At least the improved scans are showing up today. For whatever reason the first scan I did was still showing up for a while yesterday after I replaced it with a better centered one. It was driving me nuts.

:blahblah:

Geez, you guys are tough. If it's not an 8.0, it's a very strong 7.5. I suspect the scanner is exaggerating that top edge wear. Sweet book! (thumbs u

The top edge wear isn't at all bothersome. The magnification is indeed exaggerating the book's weakest points. It's eye popping bright and has great eye appeal overall.

At least the improved scans are showing up today. For whatever reason the first scan I did was still showing up for a while yesterday after I replaced it with a better centered one. It was driving me nuts.

:blahblah:

I agree, the magnification exagerates the flaws. With your new,not-cropped, image

I will increase my grade estmate to a 7.5 . I believe the interior condition and page quality will influence the grade. If near white pages and a press possibly an 8.0 .

I'm having a problem with the default setting of my Dell printer/scanner. It evidently justifies rectangularly to the very edge of an image it scans. Therefore, in order to avoid an image that looks "cropped" at present, I must either place the book crookedly so that the scanner justifies at the very corners, or else I must put my comic in between two specs of paper. The reason the scanner left so much room at the right in my first scan of Flash 105 is there was a spec of some sort on the right edge of the screen.

Ideally I'll figure out how to reset the default setting

I'm having a problem with the default setting of my Dell printer/scanner. It evidently justifies rectangularly to the very edge of an image it scans. Therefore, in order to avoid an image that looks "cropped" at present, I must either place the book crookedly so that the scanner justifies at the very corners, or else I must put my comic in between two specs of paper. The reason the scanner left so much room at the right in my first scan of Flash 105 is there was a spec of some sort on the right edge of the screen.

Ideally I'll figure out how to reset the default setting

I always use custom settings. The default on my scanner is a nightmare, custom is good and I just save the one I liked best.