• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales of the Unexpected Collecting Thread!

91 posts in this topic

I can't help but wonder why the alien would have a Chinese dragon on the back of his shirt. hm

That's probably the twist in the story. What appear to be outer space aliens are actually Mao Tse-Tung and his cadres. Mao is portrayed as having green skin in my Bowman Fight the Red Menace card set as well.

13-01-2013112002PM.jpg

This was, after all, the Cold War.

;)

I can't help but wonder why the alien would have a Chinese dragon on the back of his shirt. hm

That's probably the twist in the story. What appear to be outer space aliens are actually Mao Tse-Tung and his cadres. Mao is portrayed as having green skin in my Bowman Fight the Red Menace card set as well. This was, after all, the Cold War.

;)

:roflmao:

Here I thought the book was following in the footsteps of Tom Corbett Space Cadet. I recall having Issue 7 or 8, where they tangle with a tiger on an alien planet. hm