• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Team-up

98 posts in this topic

Cheetah, these threads are just unbelievable.

+1

Stunning sets. Love these Team Up's. Along with two In One they are so emblematic of the bronze age for me.

So many memories. I remember buying and reading #96 on the day my parents went to court to start divorce proceedings :cry: but I still love seeing the book now. :)

:golfclap:

(worship)

+1

Not only is it very cool to see ultra high grade copies of these complete runs, it is really helpful in identifying issues that I now want to buy and read, featuring either neat villains or really good writers or artists.

Thanks, guys. Worldwide will be having a ton of my undercopies going for sale soon. Lots to choose from.

I think I am going to do my New Avengers run next. It is shorter than the full Avengers and I think I can get it done in a day.

Incredibly impressive Cheetah.

How tough was the issue 38 to get in high grade?

I've had that one for a while but all of the books in the 30s are tough. There are a few I've yet to see in 9.8. That run is really bad for miswraps, too. I picked from multiple copies to make my final books and these were the best of the bunch. Seems like at least half of the suffer from some degree of miswrap.

(worship) Just beautiful. Loved this series as a kid too.

I remember 1-10 were the first pseudo-set I ever purchased as a kid. I later

realized the #1 had a photo copy cover. I was a bit too young and naive to understand what the comic shop guy was saying.

Look forward to seeing more of your pristine runs!

Man, I really loved this title when I was a kid. I think it was the combination of Spider-man and the Vision in issue #5 that sold me. Vision was my favorite character and the mix of his mechanicisms and Spider-man's quips was awesome. It took me three and a half years to get this run completed. I still need two 35-cent variants and I've misplaced the #50 35-center. It's got to be in a box around here somewhere.

The toughest book of this run is #112, without a doubt. It's a purple cover and it was the last book I needed when I found it pretty cheap in a CLink auction. My max was nearly $200 more than I actually paid, I absolutely was not going to let it get away.

The best book of the set is San Franscisco copy of #1 in 9.8. It was the first really big (as in price) book I ever bought. I thought I had lost my mind when I bought it. (I later learned that were more mind-losing opportunties than I could count.)

Enjoy 1-150 and all seven annuals.

Never cease to be amazed by your collection, Jeff! (worship)

You mention #5 - for me, it was a coverless copy of #7 (Thor) that got me hooked back in the day.