• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

census for SS?..

17 posts in this topic

Is there a census for SS ?. Like if I want to look up how whats out there & autographed by who is there anything like that ?.. I'm not just talking about comics either but autographed photos

Just wondering what is out there for leonard nimoy & Alec Guinness .... if anything ... (shrug) I'd also like to know what is out there comic wise for Turner cgc SS

Is there a census for SS ?. Like if I want to look up how whats out there & autographed by who is there anything like that ?.. I'm not just talking about comics either but autographed photos

Just wondering what is out there for leonard nimoy & Alec Guinness .... if anything ... (shrug) I'd also like to know what is out there comic wise for Turner cgc SS

There are no Alec Guinness Signature Series due to the fact he Passed away before The invention of SS.

Just throwing this out there, couldn't the data be compiled? I'm looking at it like this, when you submit books and get the grades online prior to shipping, there's notations like "Signed by John Cassaday on 07/17/2010" I would imagine that data is still stored somewhere and could be extracted and compiled into a census.

If CGC is looking for someone to do it, I'm all about compiling and organizing! :grin:

That would be kind of nice because here's the reality of it....now that I know that signature series started 5/15/2001 and Dave Stevens passed on 3/11/2008 I'm really curious to know how many books were actually done signature series by him during that time. I would imagine more than I originally had thought but at the same time probably not a ton.

If memory serves me correctly, one of the first SS events was a store signing for Catwoman #1 with Darwyn Cooke in early (Jan?) 2002. And the first convention that I put books in for was Pittsburgh April 2002.

There may have been books done prior to that, but that would be before my time.

There are no Dave Stevens SS. He was ill with cancer and did not attend conventions the last few years of his life.

This is basically why I was thinking there would only be a few if any to begin with. :(