• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age Registry Awards Category - next steps

98 posts in this topic

So...(drumroll) CGC will set the Copper Age on the Registry to include books from 1980-1990. This will be implemented shortly and I will make a follow-up announcement once it is complete. :hi:
(worship)
(worship) (worship)

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Copper_reg_badge4.jpg

:whee:

All I am gonna say is please get Copper out of Modern's Awards for next year, because I am planning to win Best Modern Age Set no matter what this time.

2011 must be the year Tom gets his 4th Superbowl ring, the Locke & Key TV show airs, I get a L&K #2 in CGC 10 and win Best Modern Age Set. :wishluck:

:frustrated:

I hope this isn't a sign of what is to come for 2011.

All I am gonna say is please get Copper out of Modern's Awards for next year, because I am planning to win Best Modern Age Set no matter what this time.

2011 must be the year Tom gets his 4th Superbowl ring, the Locke & Key TV show airs, I get a L&K #2 in CGC 10 and win Best Modern Age Set. :wishluck:

:frustrated:

I hope this isn't a sign of what is to come for 2011.

I feel your pain J-Ro. Go NFC.

:gossip: Does Gemma like Mountain Dew, Coca Cola, Sprite, or Fresca?

I was going to send a case to keep her going once this starts up. :blush:

I think beer will work better.

:gossip: It did - New Belgium Brewing (formerly known as "Fat Tire"). :cloud9:

NewBelgiumBeer_TBL_60_resized.jpg

:o

Before CGC can established a registy for the Copper Age, shouldn't there be an excepted 1st Copper Age book?

After all there is Action #1 to established the Golden Age, there is Showcase #4 to established the Silver Age and Green Lantern #76 to established the Bronze Age.

My suggestions would be either GI Joe (1982) or Crisis (1984). My favorite of the two is Crisis, but it should be a title or book that had a major impact on the comics universe. Might I add that it is a DC title that created the previous three ages.

Before CGC can established a registy for the Copper Age, shouldn't there be an excepted 1st Copper Age book?

After all there is Action #1 to established the Golden Age, there is Showcase #4 to established the Silver Age and Green Lantern #76 to established the Bronze Age.

My suggestions would be either GI Joe (1982) or Crisis (1984). My favorite of the two is Crisis, but it should be a title or book that had a major impact on the comics universe. Might I add that it is a DC title that created the previous three ages.

WTTB

There is a thread in the Copper Age forum where quite a few board members discussed how to determine the beginning and end of this period in comics. It was very interesting - spirited - but also quite educational.

The suggestion from most is with the Copper Age, there was no one book/title folks could point to with ease and feel comfortable it caused this fun session of anti-hero, independent publishing explosion, anthropomorphic, dark and deadly, creator-owned comics period. It was a gradual change on many fronts. Definitely a great read!

Plus not everyone agrees with the fact that it was Showcase 4 that started the SA as opposed to say, AF 15. Same with the Bronze Age. Some say it was when the cover prices changed to 15c, some say 20. The copper age to me is 1980.

Showcase 4 is fairly well respected. There is a rousing debate as to Conan 1 or other books ushering in the Bronze Age. GL/GA is by no means the overarching favorite.

Copper ended with the publication of the multi-covered and polybagged Spider-Man #1 thus beginning the Money-Grubbing-SOB-Holographic-Sparkle Age.

Too early for me. I like November 18, 1992.

Nothing happened on that day....

...now November 20th, on the other hand....

Plus not everyone agrees with the fact that it was Showcase 4 that started the SA as opposed to say, AF 15. Same with the Bronze Age. Some say it was when the cover prices changed to 15c, some say 20. The copper age to me is 1980.

No one thinks the SA started with AF #15.