• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone tried the comic cubes and or condos?

42 posts in this topic

No I saw the site before. I just looked again. I have seen that site but I have seen another too, this guy has some competition out there. Someone else makes really nice cabinets that you wouldn't even suspect house comics at all, and he has a blog with photos of the build process, all those fancy joints and stuff in the woodwork. They are expensive though, but look so much better than cardboard boxes for storing comics out in the open. Sorry I don't have a link for the other site.

I have been toying with purchasing one of their cabinets...I hate the white boxes. However, the dimensions are on the website so I was also thinkin of taking them to a local cabinet maker and having them fabricate one for me that I could paint/stain myself.

save on cost

No I saw the site before. I just looked again. I have seen that site but I have seen another too, this guy has some competition out there. Someone else makes really nice cabinets that you wouldn't even suspect house comics at all, and he has a blog with photos of the build process, all those fancy joints and stuff in the woodwork. They are expensive though, but look so much better than cardboard boxes for storing comics out in the open. Sorry I don't have a link for the other site.

I think you are referring to:

Comic Book Storage Chests

Stan Pike - furniture maker

Tel: (413) 624-7116 Or: stanpike@stanpikedesigns.com

http://www.stanpikedesigns.com/dsu.htm

I agree very nice but very very expensive! I guess you get what you pay for!

I have been toying with purchasing one of their cabinets...I hate the white boxes. However, the dimensions are on the website so I was also thinkin of taking them to a local cabinet maker and having them fabricate one for me that I could paint/stain myself.

save on cost

:idea:

I think you are referring to:

Comic Book Storage Chests

Stan Pike - furniture maker

Tel: (413) 624-7116 Or: stanpike@stanpikedesigns.com

http://www.stanpikedesigns.com/dsu.htm

I agree very nice but very very expensive! I guess you get what you pay for!

That's the guy :)

save on cost

That is a great idea...and I plan on stealing it. :devil:

I'm actually working on wooden storage system similar to the comic book cubes for myself - I've had to take a break because of the freezing cold, but should be done in a couple of months.

Here's a couple of shots of the in-progress cabinets & drawers - the finished version will have a front-plate on the drawer (and a handle), so the visible gap between the drawers will be minimal.

homemadecubes1.jpg

homemadecubes2.jpg

I'm building a total of 45 cubes that are a little over 8" wide (so they'll fit anything up to & including the E Gerber Golden Age size), and another 10 that are sized for CGC slabs & magazines.