• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 6* Results

104 posts in this topic

I hate this stuff

Graded it as a 5.5 :lol:

Even saw the census 7.0 and indicated I was ignoring that fact.

I also gave it a 5.5 :mad: I never in a million years would have guessed 7.0.

7.0 is FINE TO VERY FINE .... :mad::mad::mad::sumo:

Ok....I'm over it.... :angel:

+1 :censored:

+2 (shrug)

I'm truly and completely bewildered at CGC's call. I would challenge anyone to find a book in a 7.0 slab that looks as beat as this one.

Apparently CGC has modified it's criteria to that of grading a DC the same as a Marvel book ... hm

I hate this stuff

+2 (shrug)

I'm truly and completely bewildered at CGC's call. I would challenge anyone to find a book in a 7.0 slab that looks as beat as this one.

Apparently CGC has modified it's criteria to that of grading a DC the same as a Marvel book ... hm

Unless said DC is in a submission with my name on it. :cry:

I hate this stuff

+2 (shrug)

This book has no corner creases, no spine cracks and has white pages and only got a 6.5

Plas20.jpg

Man, I looked at it and the first thought in my head was 5.0... but then I remembered an HOS 92 I once bought off eBay in CGC holder that had similar defects (although not as noticeable :tonofbricks: ) that graded out at a 6.5 (which I deslabbed, and sold as a 5.5), so I went with that... but a 7.0?!!!? Musta been the day the guys at the shop ran out of coffee...

I didn't check the census. Guessed a grade that wasn't there.

Me too, but that will be the last time that ever happens. If everyone is doing it, and the Contest Organizers endorse it, then it's not cheating.

Sucks for those of us that can't ever log into the census though. I had it at 6.5 and thought I over graded it. Go figure.

This book was graded a CGC 6.5:

JIM1f.jpg

JIM1b.jpg

And this book was graded a CGC 7.0:

Tomahawk116f.jpg

Tomahawk116b.jpg

:screwy:

That is pretty funny. I guessed 8.0 on the second round book and got a NEG. I guessed 7 on the second round and got a bullseye. I have found that it is important to overgrade in two places - the CGC Nik grading contest and when selling books on Ebay.

:jokealert:

I have not said anything yet but I believe the last grade to have been a olid 5.5 and it came back a 7.0... The biggest problem for me on the book was all the soiling on the back cover but grading is subjective so hey that's only 3 that I have missed and 1st negative points...