• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Baker: The Art of Glamour

7 posts in this topic

Matt Baker: The Art of Glamour

I saw this solicited for May. Although I'm fairly new to GA collecting, I know I like his work but I haven't seen much written about him. Is this an item that you guys will be buying, and if there are other books about Matt Baker that you would recommend, please feel free to share them.

(Apologies if this has been discussed. I did perform a search before starting the topic.)

I placed my pre-order last night and I skipped that one. I will admit that I am booked-out. There is another one about Toth as well as a reprint book of all his work for Standard and there is another book reprinting Golden Age romance stories. The more of these books come out, the more at times I wonder how much work goes into each one.

For Matt Baker, I'll stick to the Alter Ego covering his career and not "invest" in this new book. Link to Alter Ego:

http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=301

Though I will be picking up the Amash book, I know what you're saying about being booked out. There is a tremendous amount of archival material coming out right now --however, I do feel several pubs are doing some pretty solid work in the area and in general I'm loving seeing this stuff out there.

I'm still buying quite a lot of it (I look at it as being cheap compared to GA collecting), though I've been wondering recently if I should just wait for it to come out on digital at this point. Mentioned this to a buddy recently and he made a good point though -- might be the last time you can get it on paper for a lot of it.

I placed my pre-order last night and I skipped that one. I will admit that I am booked-out. There is another one about Toth as well as a reprint book of all his work for Standard and there is another book reprinting Golden Age romance stories. The more of these books come out, the more at times I wonder how much work goes into each one.

For Matt Baker, I'll stick to the Alter Ego covering his career and not "invest" in this new book. Link to Alter Ego:

http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=301

I'm interested to see the book when it comes out. I know there will be other things that were not discussed in the Alter Ego magazine. There will be some never before published pictures of Matt and I'm sure some nice interesting interviews that haven't been seen before. I look forward to the book. You can't get enough of Matt Baker. I hope one day there will be a "coffee table" type of book on his life and work that will be in full color cover to cover.