• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are comics your primary or secondary hobby? What are your other hobbies?

212 posts in this topic

Right now, comics are primary. Saltwater aquariums used to be my main hobby but i've been having tank troubles for the last 9 months or so and it's gotten pushed into the background.

What's wrong with your tank?

I put in a Powder Brown Tang that i only quarantined for 10 days and he ended up spreading velvet into the tank. All my other Tangs died, including 2 that i had for 5 years.

All that survived was a true clown, mandarin goby and golden dwarf moray :(

After that, i neglected the tank and have had the green hair algae breakout from hell for the last few months

What size tank is it?

Secondary. I've been playing guitar since I was 12, so 9 years now. Playing in a band has always been my main focus. I don't tour like I used to, Now that I'm trying to finish up my degree; so it's mainly studio recording for me.

Most of my money goes into upgrading equipment. Such a shame considering there's so many books I'd love to own.

All my hobbies are about equal.

I put time (and money) into all of the following

Cars (05 Mustang, 69 mustang)

motorcycle

Golf

miniature wargaming

drawing

too many hobbies not enough time!

180g AGA

Dont tell me there are Tang Police on a comic board?!?!? lol

I'm not into tangs. Seems like you have a large enough system for that much stock. Start doing some water changes and see if your LFS has a sea hare or two you can borrow to mow through that green hair algae.

180g AGA

I'm not into tangs. Seems like you have a large enough system for that much stock. Start doing some water changes and see if your LFS has a sea hare or two you can borrow to mow through that green hair algae.

In the last 3 months, I've done 3 35%, 2 50% and 2 75% wc's. Phosphates are 0 and nitrates are 5-10. Left all light off for 3 weeks and somehow it still grows. Can't figure out for the life of me what it's feeding on ???

180g AGA

In the last 3 months, I've done 3 35%, 2 50% and 2 75% wc's. Phosphates are 0 and nitrates are 5-10. Left all light off for 3 weeks and somehow it still grows. Can't figure out for the life of me what it's feeding on ???

I heard the algae feeds on white pages.

Nice Jeep!

Here's mine:

Jeep.jpg

I KNEW I LIKED YOU FOR SOME REASON!!! How are those half-doors?

Love the Half doors! I couldn't imagine owning a Jeep without them.

This is my 4th Jeep since I was 18 - I waited 7 months until I saw one of the new four door models with half doors on the road. My local dealer did a dealer search and there were only 3 available in the whole state of CA back in summer of 2008. They found this one in Palm Springs and shipped in for me.

She's my other girl.

:cloud9:

180g AGA

Sounds like your on top of it. It pops up in one of my tanks occasionally. :pullhair:

Tyree has freaking ruined the hobby for me anyways.

If I see 1 more 1/8 inch "named" coral frag sell for thousands of $'s I'm gonna freak out!!! :frustrated:

You don't name your corals?

Yeah, I just don't put a 500,000% markup on them because of the name attached to it now like he does! Once Steve started putting his name on corals, it went from a hobby to a business with everyone trying to male a quick buck. I have no use for 1/2 inch frags in a tank my size and all Most people do now is chop up beautiful corals into tiny pieces to make more money than god.