• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are comics your primary or secondary hobby? What are your other hobbies?

212 posts in this topic

Contemplating trying an Opus X. Are they a full-bodied smoke?

Ang,

They are one of the most full bodied, non Cuban, cigars you'll find. There are many different Opus X types, and they do range in strength. I would say the #2, #5, and the XXX are probably the strongest, but tastes may vary. I might suggest a #4 or a Love Affair to start.

At the very least, try one. They are fantastic.

Monetarily comics are primary. Time-wise, it is probably following my favorite hockey team, although I spend a lot on season tickets for that too.

Comics bring me a lot of joy however, and my hockey team brings me mostly pain.

Just starting to branch out into new hobbies the last year.

guns,cars,coins,diamonds,movie memorabilia ,action figures,video games,sport cards and meteorites. Learning a lot of new and fascinating things, it also puts my passion for comic books into perspective. (thumbs u

Contemplating trying an Opus X. Are they a full-bodied smoke?

Ang,

They are one of the most full bodied, non Cuban, cigars you'll find. There are many different Opus X types, and they do range in strength. I would say the #2, #5, and the XXX are probably the strongest, but tastes may vary. I might suggest a #4 or a Love Affair to start.

At the very least, try one. They are fantastic.

Excellent, thanks! Got a coupon from cigar.com and figured I'd splurge and try some new smokes

Just starting to branch out into new hobbies the last year.

guns,cars,coins,diamonds,movie memorabilia ,action figures,video games,sport cards and meteorites. Learning a lot of new and fascinating things, it also puts my passion for comic books into perspective. (thumbs u

Meteorites, that's pretty cool (thumbs u

i have been collecting "factory sealed" LP records, mostly rock, who, zeppelin, stones, aerosmith, beatles etc. i have been buying up a lot of the new bands LP's, keeping them sealed, bag'em board'em, like comics. i currently have over 400+ in my collection. my biggest obsession.

Picture001-5.jpgPicture002-3.jpg

Secondary. I watch as much hoops as i can and collect rare nike hoop shoes secondarily.

(thumbs u

I wear Jordan XVII exclusively. Not very rare, but I like 'em none the less. I think they're about 10 years old now...my favorite shoe of all time.

Would love to replace some of my older pairs that I have of other models...

Mr primary hobby is:

firecracker.jpg

Do these explode after you light them?

lol, no. That stogie is called the Fire Cracker. That "fuse" is actually pretty cool, because you can almost always pull it off and smoke the cigar without clipping or punching it. (God, I hope Boozad doesn't read this.)

What makes me laugh about this is that it looks like a tampon. We gave a tampon to a guy at camp when we were 14 or so, and he thought it was a firecracker.

:roflmao:

I'd say my primary hobby is reading, with comics, films, drinking and watching pro football close seconds.

I also really like vintage games. Recently picked up a Neo Geo AES, but spent most of my recent gaming time playing SF Alpha 2 for SNES. I do occasionally cave in and play newer stuff though. Really liked Red Dead Redemption and Fallout 3, and I am looking forward to Mass Effect 2 which hits PS3 in a couple of weeks.

Where to start?

Jeeps and comic collecting seem to go together

yj_o9.jpg

Muskie Fishing of course

Island_42.jpg

Snowmobiling, up here we have 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad sledding

jm_pm_spring_08.jpg

Stingray Corvette

100.jpg

Also vintage Aurora slot cars and models.

Holy Cow, my wife is right, I do have too much .

I seem to go in and out of the comic thing on like a 10 year cycle, although this time around it is pretty strong and my collection is the best it has ever been.