• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Arizona Comic Con Report

85 posts in this topic

I really felt odd about taking this picture. I personally felt they were to young, but Freekster and ckp1680 begged me to take a picture. After a ton of pressuring I took it.

con021.jpg

Too young for what? They are charming. I think I dated their grandmothers. ;)

I really felt odd about taking this picture. I personally felt they were to young, but Freekster and ckp1680 begged me to take a picture. After a ton of pressuring I took it.

con021.jpg

Vince!!!! :hi:

con021.jpg

Vince!!!! :hi:

My man!

Here is Harley. Maybe it was me; he didn't seem as happy as when I have seen him in the past.

con012.jpg

He's unhappy because he's having to work Terry's booth. :baiting:

What's going on with his hands? They're hidden by those boxes? I see convention haven't changed much since the last one I went too, except that some of the costumes are better.

Today is my family day, but I wanted to take an opportunity to finish the con report before we go out to dinner.

Here is some of the stuff I found at the con. I regretted selling my Warrens a few years back and wanted to start getting them back only in better shape. Here are the ones I bought at this con.

scan0001-8.jpg

scan0002-7.jpg

scan0003-9.jpg

scan0004-5.jpg

scan0005-1.jpg

scan0006-1.jpg

scan0007-5.jpg

The only two Con variants I picked up. I have to admit I was kind of disappointed when it came to the photo cover handling. This variant was hyped quite a bit and having a dealers pass I specifically bought a ticket for this book. It was simply thrown in a swag bag with no protection and you couldn't see what you were getting. As you notice mine has the printer's or whatever white mark and I asked if I could replace it. I was told too bad and if I didn't like it I could call a number. If it was busy I can see the problem, but there was no line and nobody looking to pick up a swag bag at the time. I felt it a bit less than customer service friendly. Dealer's were offering 25.00 a pop to buy the bags from convention goers, many were damaged due to poor handling both by the people attending and the way they were treated as they were handed out.

scan0008-6.jpg

scan0009-7.jpg

Overall the Con was fun. It seemed a bit small, however there seemed to be more comics as compared to when the other con was at the same convention center. It should improve as the years go along like all cons. Hopefully next year they improve the wrist bands as you need them for two days yet you need to tear it off if you want to remove it after the first day. Hopefully it was successful for the dealers so the con will be back next year.