• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2011 - August 25th to 28th in Toronto, Canada - Now 4 Days!

562 posts in this topic

Ticket prices announced for 2011:

>>> HOW DO I BUY TICKETS?

1. ONLINE THROUGH TICKET EXPRESS (starting July 1, 2011)

2. WIRELESS BOX OFFICE BY ROGERS (starting July 1, 2011)

3. FAN EXPO CANADA™ BOX OFFICE (open August 25-28, 2011)

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/page/view/tickets

d8db165fcc3752d797a15a36d6e82516.jpg

b120da7dacdd2c8b46287242a1945544.jpg

62ea19f43f32fa536288a820a30fbc66.jpg

8dbe1cd1f1c146fd37e7dcac8b84476c.jpg

0e3a097f03d552a892a5ac0899eeeb43.jpg

e42965c84a484ea918bd45865a01873b.jpg

I want to declare that I am not asking my question to being an ongoing discussion of what happened last year. Once I got into the show I had a great time and have every intention of going again this year.

Do the organizer feel all the issues have been taken care of so that buying the deluxe package means you actually get in early and not be made to wait in hours of line-ups?

I just noticed that the website has a disclaimer about limiting tickets this year. I must have skipped over that the first time! I am sure the crowds will be much more manageable.

I remember last year there was a Stan Lee Ultimate Pass (or something to that regard). Did that pass get a person into the show like a deluxe pass and the Stan Lee stuff or did a person need to buy two?

[font:Book Antiqua]Knock, knock, CGC...

Knock, knock, CGC...

Knock, knock, CGC...

Are you coming to Fan Expo....?[/font]

(shrug)

sheldon.jpg

Sorry to say that we are 99.9% sure we will not be at Fan Expo. :sorry:

I remember last year there was a Stan Lee Ultimate Pass (or something to that regard). Did that pass get a person into the show like a deluxe pass and the Stan Lee stuff

Yes

or did a person need to buy two?

No

:(

:( x2

It doesn't mean there won't be a CAW... I hope...

Once a book has been signed and witnessed, doesn't it have to go directly into CGC's hands? I'm guessing that there will not be a CAW since that person would have to take posession of the signed comic and submit it to CGC, collect moneys and assume all the work and risks of shipping the books to Florida.

If there are no CAW's that would be a cruel joke considering the amount of artists attending. It would impact both the fans/collectors and the artists.

Someone needs to explain WHY CGC is not attending...

Once a book has been signed and witnessed, doesn't it have to go directly into CGC's hands? I'm guessing that there will not be a CAW since that person would have to take posession of the signed comic and submit it to CGC, collect moneys and assume all the work and risks of shipping the books to Florida.

So, in other words, do what witnesses used to do, and what CAWs currently do. I'm guessing there will be a CAW, since it's nothing really out of the ordinary. I'm sure there will be enough submissions, for a CAW at Fan Expo. Whether or not that CAW advertises it on the boards, will be another thing.

CGC chooses not to?

As Kevin stated earlier, "I wouldn't say they are definitely not coming yet, but they have to book a booth if they do(!)."

Maybe CGC doesn't want to book it, go through the trouble of flying their staff, bring their supplies back to Toronto, only to bring everything back to Florida, with a boatload of comics. Maybe it's the US dollar, being slightly worse than the CDN dollar. Maybe some of their staff have a vacation set for that weekend. Who knows?

Just accept it, and hope that there will be a CAW taking submissions for Fan Expo.

:(

:( x2

It doesn't mean there won't be a CAW... I hope...

If there are no CAW's that would be a cruel joke considering the amount of artists attending. It would impact both the fans/collectors and the artists.

why don't you do it then?

am i missing something but $35.00 to ship a ticket to the states? on top of the cost of the ticket?

Probably using like UPS, Purolator or FedEx, to ship quickly, and to pretty much guarantee that the ticket arrives. Personally, I would rather it be through one of those, instead of regular mail.