• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2011 - August 25th to 28th in Toronto, Canada - Now 4 Days!

562 posts in this topic

Horror guests to be announced on May 17th --- that's tomorrow!

Hope you've been checking our comics guest page regularly for updates. Lots of updates and additions have been made since the comics guests were announced on May 5th!

For example, some recent highlights:

- DC artist Marco Rudy (Superboy)

- G.I.Joe artist Jeremy Dale

- Fear Itself: Hulk vs. Dracula artist Ryan Stegman

- Betty and Veronica and other Archie Comics writer/artist Dan Parent

- Artist Riley Rossmo (Image's Proof: Endangered, The Green Wake)

- Writer Kurtis J. Wiebe (Image's The Intrepids, The Green Wake)

- Artist Scott Kowalchuk (Image's The Intrepids)

- Award-winning children's cartoonist Kean Soo (Jellaby)

Our comics guest list currently has just shy of 150 listed creators, with more being confirmed all of the time.

PLUS we have one of the largest ARTIST ALLEY areas at any North American Convention, with over 200 additional comics creators setting up! Not to mention the many additional creators who will be seated at the company booths for signings and special appearances.

2011 Fan Expo Canada Horror Guests

ROBERT ENGLUND

Freddy Krueger — A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET

JOHN WATERS

Legendary Filmmaker — PINK FLAMINGOS, MULTIPLE MANIACS, SERIAL MOM

ELVIRA

Mistress of the Dark —

DOUG BRADLEY

Pinhead — HELLRAISER

TOM SAVINI

Special FX Make-up Master — DAWN OF THE DEAD, PLANET TERROR

JOHN ASTIN

Gomez Addams — THE ADDAMS FAMILY

VICTORIA PRICE

Author — VINCENT PRICE, A DAUGHTER'S BIOGRAPHY

LANCE HENRIKSEN

Bishop — ALIENS

MALCOLM MCDOWELL

Alex — A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

40th Anniversary!

SAM TRAMMELL

Sam Merlotte — TRUE BLOOD

STEVEN SEVERIN

Founding member — SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES, MUSIC FOR SILENTS

KATEE SACKHOFF

Jen — HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION

REMY COUTURE

FX Artist — DEATH RACE, INNER DEPRAVITY

For a full list please check out our web-site!!!!

ok, it wasent answered yet BUT...IF cgc is there, could anyone tell me what the cost of getting a book sig series'd? ive never done one before. so whats my total cost on a copper book sig series IF they are there? thanks in advance

ok, it wasent answered yet BUT...IF cgc is there, could anyone tell me what the cost of getting a book sig series'd? ive never done one before. so whats my total cost on a copper book sig series IF they are there? thanks in advance

Take a look here or call CGC thenselves.... most likely $32 or $40 depending on how fast you want it. And then there is the shipping back to Canada which can be a real bugger since they only use FEDEX AIR. Then the artist themselves may charge for the signature but that is different per artist.

http://www.cgccomics.com/services/services_and_fees.asp

As of last week CGC did not confirm that they will be attending FanExpo which I thought was pretty strange since it is such a big show. I know I am looking foward to seeing a strong US and Canadian dealer list as well as a CGC booth.

So apparently it's official that CGC will NOT be at FanExpo 2011?

That seems very odd to me what with so many artists attending.

I hope for SS fans that there will at least be a SS witness?

So apparently it's official that CGC will NOT be at FanExpo 2011?

That seems very odd to me what with so many artists attending.

I hope for SS fans that there will at least be a SS witness?

It does amaze me that CGC will avoid the largest such show in Ontario but they came for the Wizard World show. I guess it all comes down to 'who you know'.

Has there been a 'big guest' announced yet? I realize the guest list is growing (and great as it is) but traditionally there has been a Stan Lee/William Shatner type person.

I believe that CGC has an agreement with Wizard. Still, would be too bad if they did not attend the biggest show in Canada and one of the larger shows in North America.

Not that I know a damn thing but I remember hearing the same thing the last two years, both of which CGC ending up attending. Where did you hear it was official that they're not coming?

An inside person at CGC :gossip:

Interesting. I haven't spoken to Harshen in a while, but it did sound like they wanted to do it the last time we spoke (in March). I wouldn't say they are definitely not coming yet, but they have to book a booth if they do(!).

I'm not aware of any current arrangements with WW for them not to come, as that would preclude them from doing shows like NYCC and C2E2 as well... which I don't see happening.

[font:Book Antiqua]

Maybe it’s time for CGC

to begin to think in the first branch

outside USA.

Canada is a huge market,

and Toronto a good place

for a central office...[/font]

2c

Maybe it’s time for CGC

outside USA.

Canada is a huge market,

and Toronto a good place

2c

It will never happen.

Canada is not that huge a market.

I'd say we are about equal to about two US states in total CGC business.

Interesting. I haven't spoken to Harshen in a while, but it did sound like they wanted to do it the last time we spoke (in March). I wouldn't say they are definitely not coming yet, but they have to book a booth if they do(!).

I'm not aware of any current arrangements with WW for them not to come, as that would preclude them from doing shows like NYCC and C2E2 as well... which I don't see happening.

Right. I didn't meant to imply that they don't go to non-Wizard shows, only that it seems that they have some sort of agreement to show up at all Wizard shows...and this I don't know for sure, just speculating.

:foryou:

Maybe it’s time for CGC

outside USA.

Canada is a huge market,

and Toronto a good place

2c

+1 (thumbs u