• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2011 - August 25th to 28th in Toronto, Canada - Now 4 Days!

562 posts in this topic

Sorry, yes I was travelling and I missed that WW Toronto announcement.

In that case, it might be their relationship with Wizard that made it happen. Maybe they have to limit it to one Canadian show, who knows?

I give up.

(shrug)

Yah same here - I too give up wondering (shrug)

I guess 1 show attendance per year is still better than 0

Too bad though... a lot of good sig opps at FanExpo :gossip:

Glad I caught the CGC booth at the 2010 FanExpo while I could... hey that was the year Stan and DWC were here too...

Whoot :banana: I just cracked this case wide open

Stan = DWC = CGC

ergo... Something new to whine about... "WE WANT STAN!!" :whee:

Just a thought... and for part of this, I'm actually repeating myself. I'm not trying to be bias, or get into any arguments. It's just a thought...

But has anyone considered that CGC might gets free booth space, free flights, free hotel, and that they don't need as many staff for WW Toronto? It might be why they are booked for WW Toronto 2012. Because they may not have to cover the bulk of the expenses.

CGC does not get a free booth at Fan Expo (from what Kevin and hsm have stated), so they probably won't get free flights and/or free hotel. They would have to fly in more CGC staff for this event (as opposed to WW Toronto), on their dollar, and pay them for the weekend. This may be why they don't find it financially beneficial to set up, even with all of the submissions that get done at Fan Expo.

Books will still get done (as Tiz stated), by a CAW (or multiple CAWs?). It just appears that none of the CAWs are coming forward, which is their own choice, because they may already have enough submissions that they are taking for themselves, and their friends.

CGC will still makes money from submissions from this event, without having to actually be there (financially beneficial).

While people are waiting for a reply from CGC about why they have chosen not to attend, what about shooting them a message, inquiring about becoming a CAW for this event, and the required amount of submissions needed, to become a CAW for this event?

Again, just a thought...

mndb369 and Bruno_s4...

Lets get something straight here... We cant make someone or a company do something they don't want to... Im not sure if you think we have magical powers or something... Though with our tremendous guest list, you would think we do...

CGC is more than welcome to exhibit at Fan Expo Canada... All they need to do is fill out the application and send in a check, and I will personally process it and find a suitable location for them... This is the same process for everyone including Disney, Marvel, DC, Warner Bros, etc...

Now you, as a customer, need to tell CGC you want them there... For Fan Expo's stance, we sell out our exhibit space every year... So there is no need for us to push/bully/beg a company to exhibit at our event... Especially one that has shown very little to no interest... Maybe they have an exclusive deal with the other event... We dont know... That is their business...

Hope that clarifies our position...

Hsm

Wow, was it just me, or was that arrogant?

mndb369 and Bruno_s4...

Lets get something straight here... We cant make someone or a company do something they don't want to... Im not sure if you think we have magical powers or something... Though with our tremendous guest list, you would think we do...

CGC is more than welcome to exhibit at Fan Expo Canada... All they need to do is fill out the application and send in a check, and I will personally process it and find a suitable location for them... This is the same process for everyone including Disney, Marvel, DC, Warner Bros, etc...

Now you, as a customer, need to tell CGC you want them there... For Fan Expo's stance, we sell out our exhibit space every year... So there is no need for us to push/bully/beg a company to exhibit at our event... Especially one that has shown very little to no interest... Maybe they have an exclusive deal with the other event... We dont know... That is their business...

Hsm

[font:Book Antiqua]I don’t think so, is a very clear point....

CGC We want you at Fan Expo and not so much at Wizard com...[/font]

:hi:

mndb369 and Bruno_s4...

Hsm

You obviously don't want them enough to make them an offer that's as good as the one CGC receives from Wizard :shrug:

mndb369 and Bruno_s4...

Hsm

You obviously don't want them enough to make them an offer that's as good as the one CGC receives from Wizard :shrug:

[font:Book Antiqua]So... This is something like Ebay...?

CGC for sale for the best offer...?

Mmmmm...

Kevin, Tiziano ... could you raise Wizard Offer...?[/font]

:makepoint:

Okay can we stop this b.s now please.

I have spoken to CGC and will be speaking with them again.

If it works out great. If it does not then it doesn't.

This is not a game, or a personal thing. It is business.

Enough already!!!

BTW

We have added to our Sci-Fi guest list -

karenallen.jpg

KAREN ALLEN

Marion Ravenwood — RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK & INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

your calling questions raised about your event by your CUSTOMERS b.s.? man, you seem to have forgotten that these people are infact the customers. a little more tact would seem appropriate from a businessman

your calling questions raised about your event by your CUSTOMERS b.s.? man, you seem to have forgotten that these people are infact the customers. a little more tact would seem appropriate from a businessman

Questions that we cannot answer.

Which is something a lot of people still don't understand.

As for tact and being a businessman. When the question why is CGC not coming is asked again, and again, AND AGAIN.

And we answer that question to the best of our ability. What would you call it???

Any other question related to Fan Expo has and will continue to be answered.

Further more. I have reached out to CGC. In Philly and just the other day, and have a follow up call with them next week.

Which I'm doing on my own time. And trust when I say this, time is something I don't have a lot of.

So I am trying. Not for me. But for you fans/attendees of Fan Expo.

Further more. I have reached out to CGC. In Philly and just the other day, and have a follow up call with them next week.

Which I doing on my own time. And trust when I say say this time is something I don't have a lot of.

Thanks Tiz,

Whatever you can do is appreciated. :wishluck:

Questions that we cannot answer.

Which is something a lot of people still don't understand.

As for tact and being a businessman. When the question why is CGC not coming is asked again, and again, AND AGAIN.

And we answer that question to the best of our ability. What would you call it???

Any other question related to Fan Expo has and will continue to be answered.

Which I'm doing on my own time. And trust when I say this, time is something I don't have a lot of.

(thumbs u

Hi there,

Changing topics (I believe, but correct me if this has already been asked):

Do you know when the list of comic retailers will be released? Will it be released prior to the July 1st on-sale date? Of has it already been released? I can't find it on the FanExpo site.

TIA

Andrew

Hey,

I will find out for you when exactly. Don't believe it will be before July 1st.

Will see what I can do about getting you some form of a list of confirmed dealers asap.

You know, if this thread got locked, it would be just like attending Fan Expo in person last year. hm

:golfclap:

The only difference is you didn't put in an appearance last year.

Think again.

Are you referring to the exclusives being offered in general, or just to those being offered in the VIP bag?

The VIP bag exclusives were announced:

- the Fan Expo bag with either a Flashpoint image or a Captain America image on it

- Amazing Spider-Man 666 exclusive cover variant

- A Marvel lithograph

- A DC lithograph

As soon as we get permission from Marvel to post the ASM cover I'm sure that it will be posted.