• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 11*

172 posts in this topic

I subbed my 'Tec #400 with distributor's ink on it. It came back a full numerical grade higher than what I expected it to. Comicopolis has it now, and I want it back.

March over there and take it. :sumo:

I may just do that :sumo:

No you won't.

As others have stated... I'm very curious to see the outcome of this one!

I just know it is going to either be higher or lower than my grade, depending on how CGC views this book. The problem with this book is that virtually no one would actually submit a copy like this, so we're kind of in the dark to how it would be evaluated. (shrug)

Actually, you see several copies submitted with distributor's ink on them.

But that is not what this book has, now does it? I don't want to break the rules but since you mentioned it first, that is "cover/color loss from distro ink" which is totally different (more like a tape pull). Part of the cover color has ripped off the front, while the back has a piece of cover from another book.

Not necessarily. That's your idea of what the book has. It may or may not be the case.

Yeah, okay. :insane:

I love that you're arguing with someone who's had the book in hand, scanned it and sent it in for grading. Grading from a scan is not reliable, it's just fun.

I subbed my 'Tec #400 with distributor's ink on it. It came back a full numerical grade higher than what I expected it to. Comicopolis has it now, and I want it back.

March over there and take it. :sumo:

I may just do that :sumo:

No you won't.

Correct. That's what the postal system is for.

I love that you're arguing with someone who's had the book in hand, scanned it and sent it in for grading. Grading from a scan is not reliable, it's just fun.

I am not arguing grade, but reality - you tell me the color that turns dark green-black to white and *also* turns white to dark-green-black. Doesn't exist in this world.

I also literally have hundreds of these books I bought cheap from remainder dealers and warehouse finds, so I know exactly what it looks like. What I don't know is how CGC grades them, because few are submitted in that state.

Grade sent.

But I want to know which one of you nerds broke into my office and stole my grading guide????? rantrant

I had it at my desk on Wednesday and now it has vanished :rulez: not funny.

Wait none of you know where I work do you??.. hm

Danny

There’s not supposed to be any discussing of the book in the thread.

JC - stop being a friggin jackoff and pipe down.

Like I said, I did not even touch the subject until Doc chimed in, but I think we all should pipe down now.

Like I said, I did not even touch the subject until Doc chimed in, but I think we all should pipe down now.

Yeah, I have to agree on this one. No shop talk while the book is still in play -- especially from the judging team!

Even though you didn't say one way or the other what's happening with the top edge, it's giving options to consider to people who still haven't submitted their grades. They may not have even considered that it might be something other than distributor's ink.

Actually no. You said this before Doc ever weighed in:

The problem with this book is that virtually no one would actually submit a copy like this, so we're kind of in the dark to how it would be evaluated. (shrug)

So immediately people start thinking about "Why wouldn't someone sub this book?" So on and so on.

The problem with this book is that virtually no one would actually submit a copy like this, so we're kind of in the dark to how it would be evaluated. (shrug)

So immediately people start thinking about "Why wouldn't someone sub this book?" So on and so on.

That's their problem, as I purposefully kept it extremely generic.

Yes, please don't discuss the current book until the ROUND is CLOSED.

Most of the grades this morning seem to be directly negatively affected... (tsk):makepoint:

Most of the grades this morning seem to be directly negatively affected... (tsk):makepoint:

What about the ones last night? All bullseyes right? :wishluck:

LAST CALL FOR ROUND 11

Round 11 closes tonight at 8pm EST

These contestants have yet to fling their wildly speculative grades into the void:

1koko

B3AST

benz

Burntboy

Designer Toast

genrlzod

goldust40

Mr.Diggler

mrlatko

r1970d

INACTIVE OR WITHDRAWN

1CoolEngineer

AlexH

Avengers4

Batty Scrooge

CaptainOfIndustry

Drakeprimeone

grinin

Hawkman

JiveTurkeyMoFo

Johnny G

LimeGreenJelloMan

Nikelspot

october

Scrooge

the shadow knows

Ze-man

indeed. I sub mine last night and honestly my opinion hasn't chance today :whee:

Er..... right! :banana: