• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 11*

172 posts in this topic

24 hour rounds for one....

We thought about that, but not everyone can, unlike me and you, can be on the bards everyday. We have thought about running two books concurrently, yet staggered, with each book being posted 48 hours.

48 hours is fine, it's just that the wait...the wait is so freaking long...the suspense is killing me each round...

But, 24 hour rounds would lead to less submissions per round, and therefore, in theory anyway, get me a better shot at top 100 lol

I KNOW this book is 1 of 2 grades...hope I picked the right one... :wishluck:

:news:

Considering that the results of round 11 were posted yesterday...

and you received three points...

I would say that you did not pick the right one.

:baiting:

24 hour rounds for one....

We thought about that, but not everyone can, unlike me and you, can be on the bards everyday. We have thought about running two books concurrently, yet staggered, with each book being posted 48 hours.

48 hours is fine, it's just that the wait...the wait is so freaking long...the suspense is killing me each round...

But, 24 hour rounds would lead to less submissions per round, and therefore, in theory anyway, get me a better shot at top 100 lol

You're pretty impatient considering you've sucked hind tit every round.

Are you into pain? hm

When you organize the 2011 grading contest, what are you going to do differently? :popcorn:

Hey, you guys are doing a great job and it's not your fault some people take extreme measures to get an edge at winning.

The only real way to even out the playing field is to use 100% new books (like a box of raw books that have been sitting untouched for decades) that have never been graded, never been sold, never hit GPA, never been shown or scanned on here, and most importantly, to get CGC to withhold their addition to the Census.

But that is near impossible to attain, so I guess we all have to live with a bit of jobbing.

When you organize the 2011 grading contest, what are you going to do differently? :popcorn:

Hey, you guys are doing a great job and it's not your fault some people take extreme measures to get an edge at winning.

The only real way to even out the playing field is to use 100% new books (like a box of raw books that have been sitting untouched for decades) that have never been graded, never been sold, never hit GPA, never been shown or scanned on here, and most importantly, to get CGC to withhold their addition to the Census.

But that is near impossible to attain, so I guess we all have to live with a bit of jobbing.

OK, we get it. You've made your point. We got it the first time you posted about it. We got it the second, third, fourth... and tenth time you posted about it. It's like you've got data mining Tourette syndrome.

Would you please stop? What do you possibly hope to achieve by posting the same thing over and over again, other than to alienate the remaining few board members who are still willing to give you the time of day, and to kill the pleasure that others are getting from the contest?

OK, we get it. You've made your point. We got it the first time you posted about it. We got it the second, third, fourth... and tenth time you posted about it. It's like you've got data mining Tourette syndrome.

Would you please stop? What do you possibly hope to achieve by posting the same thing over and over again, other than to alienate the remaining few board members who are still willing to give you the time of day, and to kill the pleasure that others are getting from the contest?

:golfclap:

:golfclap:

:golfclap::golfclap: