• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread closed, thanks!

16 posts in this topic

Ok, i was hoping my last submission would be back by now to sell some books to clear some $$$ for the Clink and Pedigree auctions but they are still waiting to be imaged and slabbed :(

So, in lieu of those, i'm putting this one up for sale. Batman #3 from 1940 in 8.0 ow/w. 1st appearance of Catwoman in costume and a REALLY nice presenting 70 year old book! Only 13 copies higher in the census than this one and i'd bet this copy looks even better than some of the ones ahead of it in the census. Looking at it, you'd think this book was from the 60's or 70's not 1940.

Asking price is $6000, just over GPA 12 month average. Price is pretty firm since i dont HAVE to sell it but offers will be considered. Free shipping in the US.

PP would be preferred but would consider other forms of payment. No probies and 1st :takeit: gets the book.

My scanner was supposed to be here today but didnt come so hopefully tomorrow i'll have it and can take a back cover scan if anyone wants to see it. Back is pretty much the same as the front, a nice solid 8.0 book (thumbs u

I have to go to a viewing tonight for my sister-in-laws mother so i'll be unavailable for the next few hours but can answer any questions anyone might have later tonight.

bat3-2.jpg

Morning :bump:

Thanks guys!

A few people have asked about doing a partial trade on the book. I would rather do a cash sale because there are other books i am looking at buying but partial trades would be considered for SA Marvels, mainly Avengers, ASM, FF and X-men.

:news:

Ok, I'll do one price drop and then just dip into my emergency comic fund for the Clink auction if no one picks it up.

Price drop to $5750

Well below the GPA 12 month average!!!

In honor of the King, i'll do a special holiday discount.

If you pay by check or money order to avoid the PP fees, i'll drop the price to $5600.

You definitely cant beat that price for a 70 year old book in this condition!

Man I wish I could afford a book like that right now. I guess you could sell on Comiclink if nobody here wants it.

Thanks!

No, if it doesnt sell today, it goes back into my vault. I'll just dip into my emergency comic funds for the Clink auction and recoup it selling books from my last submission when i get them later this week or next week.

Man I wish I could afford a book like that right now. I guess you could sell on Comiclink if nobody here wants it.

Thanks!

No, if it doesnt sell today, it goes back into my vault. I'll just dip into my emergency comic funds for the Clink auction and recoup it selling books from my last submission when i get them later this week or next week.

People have emergency funds for, say, health care or car repairs. You have it for comics!!??

Thanks!

People have emergency funds for, say, health care or car repairs. You have it for comics!!??

I wanted to say the same but after thinking a little, I found out that's a personal choice.

It's actually a good idea, to be able to grab opportunities

Hey, you never know when a book you want is going to pop up so you better have the money available when it does. It's not enough to buy a HG Hulk1 or anything but enough to get most of the smaller books that i might want.

Thread closed, thanks for looking guys!