• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What 1 toy or comic book is priceless to you?

59 posts in this topic

ff186.jpg

9.8 :wishluck:

(Oh... sorry! Just practicing. :blush:)

That was the very comic I ever had. I think I five or six. We bought on a ferry boat that crossed from Washington State into Canada and back. I wasn't in school yet, because I couldn't read. I picked it out based on the cover. My sister, who is five years older than me, had already read it to me three or four times.

I kept pestering her in the back of the car to read it to me again. She threatened me that if I asked her one more time, she would throw it out the window. She rolled it down and acted if she was going to toss it out. The wind caught the book and off it went down the Washington interstate. I was pissed.

I told that story on the boards. Worldsbestcomics, who lives in Washington, read my story and tracked down a 9.8 copy and sent it to me for Christmas a few years back. I was shocked. It's not going anywhere.

That's an awesome story Doc! :)

I'll have to post my two comics that my dad brought home to me when I was sick.

Those were my first two (priceless memories) comics that I have... a Captain America and Iron Man book.

But until then, I have this... the only original Mego I have left from my childhood that my parents bought for me (1978 or so... )

The lab coat is a repro from Dr. Mego btw.

lizard.jpg

I'm sure everyone here knows the story behind my beloved GSXM1 :cloud9:

As for a toy, it would have to be the Snowspeeder from ESB. Mine went by the wayside many, many years ago. I bought one a few years ago and recently brought it out and showed my foster son. The lights and sound work fine and he thought it was major cool. :cool:

That was the very comic I ever had. I think I five or six. We bought on a ferry boat that crossed from Washington State into Canada and back. I wasn't in school yet, because I couldn't read. I picked it out based on the cover. My sister, who is five years older than me, had already read it to me three or four times.

I kept pestering her in the back of the car to read it to me again. She threatened me that if I asked her one more time, she would throw it out the window. She rolled it down and acted if she was going to toss it out. The wind caught the book and off it went down the Washington interstate. I was pissed.

I told that story on the boards. Worldsbestcomics, who lives in Washington, read my story and tracked down a 9.8 copy and sent it to me for Christmas a few years back. I was shocked. It's not going anywhere.

Steve is a gracious guy and a collector's collector (worship) What a great story!

ff186.jpg

lol very nice

Is there a toy or a comic that is priceless to other then a price guide value?

This will always be priceless to me as it represents a simpler time that I seem to yearn for more and more these days. A time when my main daily concern was when my mom would yell to me across the neighborhood that it was time to come home now.

bigwheel.jpg

WOW . I was just telling my wife and son a few weeks ago my favorite toy ever and it was the Big Wheel. I ruled the neighborhood with that. And drove the elderly guy on the corner crazy with the noize as I would come down the block. he would hang out the window and scream at me to get away from his house with that thing.

This will always be priceless to me as it represents a simpler time that I seem to yearn for more and more these days. A time when my main daily concern was when my mom would yell to me across the neighborhood that it was time to come home now.

bigwheel.jpg

Truth be told...nothing I have ever bought is priceless to me.

The love of my wife, two kids and family are all priceless to me that mean more to me than anything.

With that said, my TOS 39 and Avengers 4 are very close to my heart.

bigwheel.jpg

I had the same exact Big Wheel Jeff. One of my best memories also comes from this toy. When I was little, my family lived right up the road from my Paw-Paw, who was my favorite person in the world, next to my mom of course. We lived on an old gravel road out in the country, and when the plastic wheels hit the rocks it was ungodly loud. Whenever I would hop on the Big Wheel to head down to my Paw-Paw's, he could hear me coming all the way down the road due to how loud it was. He would always say "Here comes trouble!"

I may not have the Big Wheel anymore, but that is a priceless memory to me. :)

lol ... then I'm sure that neighbor was thrilled when the Green Machine came out!

greenmachine.jpg

There is a little boy who lives a street over from me who has a Green Machine. The first time I saw him on it reminded me about wanting one when I was a kid. That is a cool ride.

I had the same exact Big Wheel Jeff. One of my best memories also comes from this toy. When I was little, my family lived right up the road from my Paw-Paw, who was my favorite person in the world, next to my mom of course. We lived on an old gravel road out in the country, and when the plastic wheels hit the rocks it was ungodly loud. Whenever I would hop on the Big Wheel to head down to my Paw-Paw's, he could hear me coming all the way down the road due to how loud it was. He would always say "Here comes trouble!"

I may not have the Big Wheel anymore, but that is a priceless memory to me. :)

I rode mine into the ground. I distinctly remember it having big gaping holes in the front tire. We used to ride it down the sidewalk which was on a slight incline and then turn sharply into a neighbors driveway and purposely roll it over so we would spill onto the grass. Those were the days.

GR26.jpg

I bought it off the rack and my brother and I read it a billion times. The cover somehow remained on even though it was stuffed into drawers, cabinets, boxes, under beds .. everywhere.

This book fueled my search for every appearance of Ghost Rider once I found out you can buy back issues.