• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The SIMPSONS appreciation thread!

105 posts in this topic

Here are a few more:

SDCC Comic Book Guy #1 signed (#89 of 200) with a remarque of Bart by Matt Groening:

Picture002.jpg

SDCC Futurama #50 signed (#89 of 200) by Matt groening with certificate:

futurama.jpg

And some German Bongo variants:

These 2 have print runs of 888:

bongo.jpg

2 more German Simpsons Bongo variants limited to 666 and 777:

bart.jpg

German Avengers variant limited to 888 with a Bill Morrison cover and short story:

avengers.jpg

Racher!

Here's a few more to keep the Bongo party goin.

Furturama Returns ashcan:

fr.jpg

UK Burger King Bartman comic:

uk.jpg

Golden Apple Comics Treehouse of Horror signed by Groening with a Bart Sketch, Bill Morrison with a Scratchy and Mike Allred's sig:

photo-13.jpg

The Scratchy sketch in silver ink comes out better in this pic:

2-1.jpg

treeh.jpg

Overstreet Bongo cover:

phot.jpg

funky87z3-1.gif

Some great stuff posted here :)

I just got a pic of this from my homie Mike, it was done at Wonder Con, it's currently at CGC now, but he took a picture before it got sent off:

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

BILL MORRISON! Mr. Burns is my fave character so it was an easy choice for me :banana:

I've shown these before, but just wanted to show them again, my Simpsons 1 is going to look awesome next to these:

Burns%20Iron%20Man-1.jpg

Iron%20Man%20Simpson.jpg

MIKE DECARLO

and MATT GROENING:

115537.jpg

Anyone score this promo comic? It was a recent promo debuting the new Bongo logo. I think some shops got it in December or it was inserted in Previews or something:

bongo-5.jpg

Ralph-01-june.gif

One more SDCC Simpsons with a Homer:

bong.jpg

Some great stuff posted here :)

I just got a pic of this from my homie Mike, it was done at Wonder Con, it's currently at CGC now, but he took a picture before it got sent off:

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

BILL MORRISON! Mr. Burns is my fave character so it was an easy choice for me :banana:

I've shown these before, but just wanted to show them again, my Simpsons 1 is going to look awesome next to these:

Burns%20Iron%20Man-1.jpg

Iron%20Man%20Simpson.jpg

MIKE DECARLO

and MATT GROENING:

115537.jpg

That Burns sketch is freaking awesome!!

Anyone score this promo comic? It was a recent promo debuting the new Bongo logo. I think some shops got it in December or it was inserted in Previews or something:

bongo-5.jpg

Ralph-01-june.gif

One more SDCC Simpsons with a Homer:

bong.jpg

That Homer sketch is rare... a few Barts around but I can't say I've ever seen a Homer on this book.

That Homer sketch is rare... a few Barts around but I can't say I've ever seen a Homer on this book.

I saw one with a giant Maggie head sketch by Groening that took up the whole cover that looked pretty cool. It was like alot like the giant Bart cover sketches out there:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATT-GROENING-THE-SIMPSONS-SIGNED-COMICCON-W-HAND-DRAWN-BART-SIMPSON-PSA-DNA-COA-/320859506594?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab4b787a2#ht_1000wt_952

Here is some art I had done by Phil Ortiz at WWA 2010. He is a five time Emmy award winner and a veteran of the industry, but is one of the most humble and easy to talk to guys I've met at a show. He has a wealth of knowledge and several funny stories that he shared with my wife and I about his time with Bongo Comics and other animation projects he worked on in the 70s and 80s. After my sketches were done Phil Yeh and Phil Ortiz invited my wife and I to sit at their booth with them and their wives and we chatted for a few hours (comics, philanthropy, the need for solid artistic programs as a part of early education) while they were doing other sketches. It was the highlight of the show for me and hope that they make their way back to Texas soon.

Sideshow%2520Bob%2520-%2520Phil%2520Ortiz%2520-%25208x11.JPG

Me%2520Simpsonized%2520-%2520Phil%2520Ortiz%2520-%25208x11.JPGComic-Con-Austin-Phil-Ortiz-Simpsonised-Brady-and-Amelie-225x300.jpg

- video of me being simpsonized

The guy who took this video was apparently in line behind me (I don't know him) and I came across this video by mere coincidence while googling Phil Ortiz last year to see if he was coming back to Wizard World Austin... small world... small and kind of creepy. :eek:

Here is some art I had done by Phil Ortiz at WWA 2010. He is a five time Emmy award winner and a veteran of the industry, but is one of the most humble and easy to talk to guys I've met at a show. He has a wealth of knowledge and several funny stories that he shared with my wife and I about his time with Bongo Comics and other animation projects he worked on in the 70s and 80s. After my sketches were done Phil Yeh and Phil Ortiz invited my wife and I to sit at their booth with them and their wives and we chatted for a few hours (comics, philanthropy, the need for solid artistic programs as a part of early education) while they were doing other sketches. It was the highlight of the show for me and hope that they make their way back to Texas soon.

Sideshow%2520Bob%2520-%2520Phil%2520Ortiz%2520-%25208x11.JPG

Me%2520Simpsonized%2520-%2520Phil%2520Ortiz%2520-%25208x11.JPGComic-Con-Austin-Phil-Ortiz-Simpsonised-Brady-and-Amelie-225x300.jpg

- video of me being simpsonized

The guy who took this video was apparently in line behind me (I don't know him) and I came across this video by mere coincidence while googling Phil Ortiz last year to see if he was coming back to Wizard World Austin... small world... small and kind of creepy. :eek:

Wow!......Just, Wow! That's a once in a life time experience.... Love the Sideshow Bob sketch too!!