• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your Top 10 Iconic Comics in your collection?

127 posts in this topic

Amazing Spider-man #119

Iron Man #57

Thor #210

Captain America #160

Avengers #110

Daredevil #98

Fantastic Four #133

Conan the Barbarian #26

The other two - Amazing Spider-Man 121 and Amazing Spider-Man 122.

..These were some of the very first comics I bought at the drug store(elsewhere) when they first came out and reading these generated the interest to buy and read more comics and become a comic book collector.

SHOWOFF!

Right back at you (thumbs u

Your ten (and especially the Blue Bolt 105) are all very cool!

I don't have too many books in my collection any more but I find that these are iconic and they are mine. :cloud9:

th_Image.jpg th_WhizComics227_0.jpg th_PepComics22DiamondRun.jpg th_MarvelMysteryComics49_0ow.jpg th_VictoryComics2CGC8_0.jpg

These are books that I've become attached to. I feel like a drug dealer getting high off my own supply. loldoh!

th_JourneyIntoMystery83OO.jpg th_AmazingFantasy15CGC7_0oww.jpg th_ArchieComics12_0.jpg th_ActionComics21CGC5_5white.jpg th_X-men1001.jpg

I don't have too many books in my collection any more but I find that these are iconic and they are mine. :cloud9:

th_Image.jpg th_WhizComics227_0.jpg th_PepComics22DiamondRun.jpg th_MarvelMysteryComics49_0ow.jpg th_VictoryComics2CGC8_0.jpg

These are books that I've become attached to. I feel like a drug dealer getting high off my own supply. loldoh!

th_JourneyIntoMystery83OO.jpg th_AmazingFantasy15CGC7_0oww.jpg th_ArchieComics12_0.jpg th_ActionComics21CGC5_5white.jpg th_X-men1001.jpg

Nice grouping Roy. (worship)

Black Cat 1

Flash 105

Adventures of the Fly 1

Showcase 24 (third Green Lantern)

Green Lantern 1

Brave & the Bold 29 (second JLA)

Brave & the Bold 30 (third JLA)

Showcase 27 (first Sea Devils)

Justice League of America 1

Showcase 30 (origin Aquaman)

Brave & the Bold 34 (first Hawkman)

Showcase 34 (first Atom)

:juggle:

The Fantastic Four were Marvel’s flagship. They could lose the battle but they never lost the war. FF43 October 1965 --newsstand July.

• Kirby/Colletta

FF43Oct65F.jpg

A strong symbolic image of Spider-Man on the cover. Inside we meet Gwen Stacey for the first time. In the next issue, Spider-Man would be at his lowest ebb. With issue 33, he is at his strongest with perhaps the most important single page in the Silver Age of comics. ASM33 December 1965 --newsstand September.

• Ditko (montage)

ASM31FDec65.jpg

“Where Mortals Fear to Tread” is also when worlds collide as mortal meets immortal. Crusher Creel defines hubris in this one. JIM122 November 1965 --newsstand September.

• Kirby/Wood

JIM122FNov65.jpg

Giant Man never seems to get his due but what marvelous colours and imagery on this cover. TTA52 February 1964 --newsstand November.

• Kirby/Brodsky

TTA52FFeb64.jpg

The Avengers were never more representative of the Marvel pantheon then when their role call was all of Marvel’s most powerful heroes. Av12 January 1965 --newsstand November.

• Kirby/Stone

Av12FJan65.jpg

If you are in trouble and need help, don’t bother with Schwarzenegger, Stallone or Eastwood. Call on Nick Fury. SF10 September 1964 -newsstand July.

• Kirby/Ayers

FuryClose-Up.jpg

SF10FSep64.jpg

Marvel Westerns have a long tradition: Kid Colt Outlaw, guns blazing, a train robbery and Billy the Kid. GW71 July 1962 -newsstand May.

• Kirby/Ayers

GW71FJul62.jpg

Strange Worlds was a small blip that was created with Tales to Astonish and Tales of Suspense but it stayed science fiction when the other two embraced fantasy -- and folded early. There’s thirty years of iconic sci-fi imagery in this composition. SW2 February 1959 -newsstand November.

• Ditko

SW2FFeb59.jpg

Soap operas were big on radio and later TV: angst and drama sells. LC9 January 1963 -newsstand October.

• Hartley

LC9Jan63F.jpg

Another Harley cover. He was never better than with teenagers and on Patsy and Hedy and Patsy Walker. Just look at the expression on the face of the girl in the middle ... priceless. P&H61 December 1958 -newsstand August.

• Hartley

PH61Dec58F.jpg

In no particular order:

ASM 1 and 2

Avengers #4

Best Comics #1 from 1940

Captain America #100

FF #25

Silver Streak #nn

Iron Man #1 (signed by Stan Lee)

Negro Heroes #1

Buck Rogers #1 from 1940

Stuntman #1

Cannonball Comics #1 and 2

Batman 227 (mass ped)

GL #76

Tec 400 (mass ped)

Oops. I think I went past my limit of ten. So many more I would add if I was allowed. :)

what, Archie fish didn't make the list?

th_archiebook-1.jpgth_archiebook416-1.jpgth_archiebook412-1.jpgth_archiebook001-1-1.jpgth_archiebook414-1.jpg

th_jp4.jpgth_archiebook013-2.jpgth_cgc0310058.jpgth_ht1.jpgth_cgc1009108.jpg

Pep Comics #22. First Archie, Betty, Jughead

Super Comics. Canadian version of Pep 22

Archie #1

Archie #1 Canadian

Pep Comics #26. First Veronica Lodge

Jackpot Comics #4. First cover appearance of Archie

Pep Comics #36. First Archie cover on Pep

Miss America #2. First Patsy Walker

Human Torch #1

Marvel Mystery #2. First issue of title

Nice AF 15!

Thanks, Dennis. Although AF #15 was never a "chase" book for me like FF #1 was, I'm rather enamored by it right now.

what, Archie fish didn't make the list?

th_archiebook-1.jpgth_archiebook416-1.jpgth_archiebook412-1.jpgth_archiebook001-1-1.jpgth_archiebook414-1.jpg

th_jp4.jpgth_archiebook013-2.jpgth_cgc0310058.jpgth_ht1.jpgth_cgc1009108.jpg

Pep Comics #22. First Archie, Betty, Jughead

Super Comics. Canadian version of Pep 22

Archie #1

Archie #1 Canadian

Pep Comics #26. First Veronica Lodge

Jackpot Comics #4. First cover appearance of Archie

Pep Comics #36. First Archie cover on Pep

Miss America #2. First Patsy Walker

Human Torch #1

Marvel Mystery #2. First issue of title

It is hard to deny their excellence :)