• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRRR!!! I want my dang scanner!!!

36 posts in this topic

I finally broke down and bought a Microtek i800 scanner last month after my wife didnt get me one for Christmas. It shipped from Oregon on January 6th according to tracking. The estimated delivery date was January 14th which already seemed pretty dang long to me! Didn't come on the 14th and then didnt even show up Saturday so i didnt get to spend the whole weekend scanning books like i hoped.

Now today, the tracking updated and said it was processed in Jacksonville at 4am today. Jacksonville is fairly far from me so i'm not even sure i'll get it tomorrow. The damn Pony Express would have been MUCH quicker than the route this scanner has taken to get to me.

Am i crazy or is the 6th to the 18th at least an inordinate amount of time for a package to get from Oregon to Florida?!?

Sounds like Fed-Ex where I am. They'll load it on the truck in the AM, drive around with it all day and I'll see it was loaded on again the next day until the driver just happens to be in my area.

I never have problems with UPS as long as the regular driver is working.

USPS is pretty good too with Priority, but that REALLY depends on your local PO. We have two in the area. If it goes to my real PO then the package is a shoot. Christmas cards in July with coffee stains. Mutilated packages and mail. Lots of mail just never gets to and from. When I use a PO Box in another office I have 100% success and good turn around times.

Good luck and is this an A3 scanner? I may be getting Mustek confused with the Microtek line. Check for compatibility with both with your current OS.

Please also be sure to update us if your coffee becomes cold today at any point or if there is any light rain in the vicinity. I await your reports.

its like 5 degrees F in my neck of the woods. No rain or snow though.

YIKES!!! I remember those days from my Syracuse time and sure as hell dont miss them!

72F here, supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow :foryou:

So, the SU stands for my alma mater, Syracuse University? I was wondering about that.....

^^

Gonna be a MONSTER game tonight! Sucks big huge donkey balls that Joseph isnt going to play tonight. Pitt has beaten us senseless the last few years and would love some payback but it's going to be ROUGH without Joseph!

Coffee people! I must have an update on the temperature of your coffee. In George's case, I will accept tea updates.

We have a Starbucks coffe shop on the trading floor so I only have to go 30 metres to get my fix.

Coffee on desk is currently tepid.

I just hope they "locked" the scanner before shipping it!

That is a long trip and trust me it REALLY SUCKS to pay for a scanner

wait forever for it and when you take it out of the box it has a rattle noise when you move it.

And just when you pray everything is o.k., you down load the software

and get everything ready to scan you find out - "yep it's BUSTED!"

:pullhair:

After going through 3 scanners in 5 years, I decided to stick with the Kodak digital camera.

Yeah, the pics are nowhere near the quality, but the 2K and change in savings will go to ....MORE COMICS!!!

CAL frisky today...