• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blue label and glue

42 posts in this topic

Now blue with notes on a SA book !?

The "Rules" change all the time huh ...

Well, for one we have yet to see a picture of the book in question. Second, it could very well be possible that it's a very old label and it's not a secret that the rules did change often in CGC's earliest years.

Because the glue on the Showcase #4 is non-functional, it is treated as a defect and factored into the grade (though still listed on the label for completeness' sake).

If the glue was performing some function to the book, it would have received a purple label.

This is the way the rules have been from the beginning.

FYI- Anytime you see the words "dried glue" on the label, that means the glue is non-functional.

What about blue label books that note glue and don't include the word "dried"?

My first CGC book was an Action #29 4.0 blue label with a small amount of dried glue on the cover. I watched it change hands 3 times after I owned it. Every time, it sold for more money.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think that book is worth now?

I happen to have an Action #29 that should grade 4.0 or so.

ActionComics29.jpg

$700 for a CGC 4.0 Page quality and eye appeal will sway the book up to $50 either way. (thumbs u It's a good investment book. 5 years ago: $525 3 years ago: $620 1 1/2 years ago: $650

So what do you think about the showcase 4 I showed. Should the value be lowered by the fact there are glue on it. Or does the grade already got lowered due to the glue?

Because the glue on the Showcase #4 is non-functional, it is treated as a defect and factored into the grade (though still listed on the label for completeness' sake).

If the glue was performing some function to the book, it would have received a purple label.

FYI- Anytime you see the words "dried glue" on the label, that means the glue is non-functional.

Well, for one we have yet to see a picture of the book in question. Second, it could very well be possible that it's a very old label and it's not a secret that the rules did change often in CGC's earliest years.

Well glue on submitted books is typically ... dried - right ? hm

Please post the link to where this is posted on your website. Thanks!

lol Of course the glue on 100% of the books is dried :insane:

lol Of course the glue on 100% of the books is dried :insane:

meh ...

Instigator.

Instugator.

Fixed!

Instugator.

Fixed!

:o

:roflmao:

Instugator.

Fixed!

Old news. zzz

When your newsreaders are as up-to-date as yours anyway.

Oh, I knew it was Stu, I just wish I wrote the pun.

Personally I wouldn't touch a blue silver-age book with a ct/glue note on the label. Even harder to get books like Showcase #4 are plentiful enough that I wouldn't want to spend $3k on a book that others may think is restored when you can most likely find another copy this year. The only time I would make an exception is if there was a considerable discount, which I don't think you will get, or if it was a scarcer high demand golden-age book.

Resurrected this thread instead of starting a new one. I couldn't find an exact answer to my question. I am curious about glue removal. For instance on the book below. I assume the glue is structurally supporting the book. I also assume it is enough glue for CGC to put it in a PLOD.

So I'm guessing the removal could result in a few possibilities:

1. A lower grade

2. A detached cover

Am I thinking of this correctly? Anything else?

c38f5f29.jpg