• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love and Rockets

107 posts in this topic

Transplant has made things more difficult.

I suspect that I will go with the hardcovers, though.

Let's see what I can dig up at MegaCon in a month or two.

MegaCon :cloud9:

Transplant has made things more difficult.

I suspect that I will go with the hardcovers, though.

Let's see what I can dig up at MegaCon in a month or two.

MegaCon :cloud9:

Indeed! MegaCon.... :headbang:

Count me in for The Love and Rockets Book Club. It's a series I've been meaning to read for years!

Just a bump for an old thread for a couple of reasons.

1) This is the 30th anniversary of L&R and Los Bros are at SDCC right now celebrating.

2) Fantagraphics is running a sale right now: 20% off everything and 40% of select heavy books, including Locas II and Luba. $40 retail on both and I got them for $48 shipped UPS. That's cheaper than Amazon even after shipping. Code is Fantacon12.

I'm hopefully getting a Jaime sketch this weekend :wishluck:

I wish I had more time and more knowledge of what was happening. I'd have liked to get my L&R #1 signed by all three bros. I also want one or two of those tee shirts they have on sale. Hopefully they will go on the website after the con. And I'd have liked to get my hands on issue five early, but I guess I'll have to wait.

The shirts are going fast from what I've read. It's probably not too late to get your #1 signed if you can get it to someone tomorrow.

I don't see how I can. Maybe I'll find someone going to APE. They're all supposed to be there. I wanted to go but I have been blowing all my money on my car lately and already took my vacation this year.

The signed #1 would just be kind of neat since Mario is going to be with them. It wasn't high on my priorities. I have a signed Beto comic and maybe a signed Jaime too if I looked. I just really wanted a sketch this year. After I've purged my collection down so much I think I'm going to spend a lot less on comics and buy more selectively. I also want to buy one piece of art a year. No published art, that's not really my thing. Sketches and commissions. On paper or board, not blank covers (thumbs u

I'm hopefully getting a Jaime sketch this weekend :wishluck:

I wish I had more time and more knowledge of what was happening. I'd have liked to get my L&R #1 signed by all three bros. I also want one or two of those tee shirts they have on sale. Hopefully they will go on the website after the con. And I'd have liked to get my hands on issue five early, but I guess I'll have to wait.

Jaimie was a sketching machine at HeroesCon. Also bought a pen and ink drawing from him. Wish I would've bought one of those shirts....

Here's what I got:

IMG_1421.jpgIMG_1422.jpg

Hi guys -- I was looking over my L&R 1 (1st print) last night and noticed something unusual, and I'm wondering if this is typical or what.

lr01spine.jpg

The staples are just above the spine fold, and you'll notice additional staple holes just below. The holes are slightly wider than the staples. Anyways, the interesting part is that the holes only go through the cover and 8 leaves. Most of the book, including the centerfold, has just the staples with no extra holes.

I'm thinking this is a manufacturing defect that they noticed and corrected. Does anyone else have the same book they could check on? Any other theories?