• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love and Rockets

107 posts in this topic

I think that's the default answer regarding all 100% black and white comics? Funny though, someone on here had a slabbed MAUS #1. I think they change their policies regarding the small press stuff as they see fit.

The black and white #1 just may be a comic I never own. Every time I decide I'm willing to bid a little more, the comic sells for way more. Today's sold for $450 :o

How? There's no real buzz that hasn't existed for 30 years for this comic, I don't think it's pulled in many new readers, but I remember when this comic was selling for $200 just like a year ago

That was me :blush: I bet you'll get one though, despite all the frenzy there were only 3 bidders really in play, and I'm out of the picture for future auctions so it's down to two. I really had no idea what to expect to pay, just knew I wanted what I wanted when I wanted it.

Here's my 1st issue set:

lr1and1.jpg

That was me :blush: I bet you'll get one though, despite all the frenzy there were only 3 bidders really in play, and I'm out of the picture for future auctions so it's down to two. I really had no idea what to expect to pay, just knew I wanted what I wanted when I wanted it.

Here's my 1st issue set:

lr1and1.jpg

Awesome. :applause:

I've heard that the B&W L&R #1 is too easily counterfeited and too hard to know what's genuine, to be slabbed by CGC.

I bought two B & W copies at a Motor City Con about a decade ago for $10 each. So, I assume they're fake... but I might have easily spent $200 on one? Unfortunately, you have to assume that they're all counterfeits.

:applause:

Haven't gotten my books back yet. Both Gilbert and Jaime have sigs that are little works of art, a little bit like Frazetta. Is that Mario's sig in the green plaid shirt?