• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batmobile on ebay!!!!!

34 posts in this topic

I liked the movie but the car looks like one of those props that looks good on film in the dark with smoke machines going, but when you see it in person it looks like a poorly constructed fiberglass mess. Never actually seen it in person, just the impression I get looking at it in anything but a frame from the movie.
You can see the others still. Ive always wanted to go to the museum they are in. Link
I was looking at that earlier because I was going to supply a photo for comparison but I think something fishy is going on here.

This is the Batman Beyond Batmobile from that site.

batmobile_4ever.jpg

This is a Batman Beyond Batmobile from the Grand National Roadster Show last year.

batman4.jpg

batman1j.jpg

batman2l.jpg

batman3v.jpg

I wonder what that's all about?

Someone in the comments of that blog link mentions that the Tim Burton's directed film (Batman Returns) used cars from England, and that the ones found in the US are replicas. It also states that there were only two cars made in the post, but in the auction is says that its car #3. If I were dropping that kind of money on a car, I'd want to get the provenance straightened out for certain.

Movie props and costumes are tricky business. I recently caught the story of how Darth Vaders costume (which the auctioneers claimed was used in ESB) was supposed to have fetched £230,000 at auction. This thread discusses the auction and among other things, tests the authenticity of the claims - I found this comment particularly interesting.

I liked the movie but the car looks like one of those props that looks good on film in the dark with smoke machines going, but when you see it in person it looks like a poorly constructed fiberglass mess. Never actually seen it in person, just the impression I get looking at it in anything but a frame from the movie.
You can see the others still. Ive always wanted to go to the museum they are in. Link
I was looking at that earlier because I was going to supply a photo for comparison but I think something fishy is going on here.

batmobile_4ever.jpg

This is a Batman Beyond Batmobile from the Grand National Roadster Show last year.

batman4.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, the first image is the Batmobile from Batman Forever.

batmobile_4ever.jpg

batman4.jpg

It is from Batman Forever. Wasn't Batman Beyond a (WB) animated for television series?

batmobile_4ever.jpg

batman4.jpg

It is from Batman Forever. Wasn't Batman Beyond a (WB) animated for television series?

Yes it was. The second pictured Batmobile could have been from Batman & Robin. I didn't pay too much attention to that to know for sure.

Yes it was. The second pictured Batmobile could have been from Batman & Robin. I didn't pay too much attention to that to know for sure.

Come on now. You know you want to pull out your Robin outfit for all to see.

batman-and-robin-6.jpg

:sick:

Come on now. You know you want to pull out your Robin outfit for all to see.

batman-and-robin-6.jpg

:sick:

If I could actually fit into any of those outfits I'd be a happy man.